Support request: Windmills destroying CPU {sound}

• I set up a small farm of 9 windmills at height level 127. Everything works fine.... until i go away from windmills. While i can hear them, it's OK, but when i can't hear them, my FPS drops to 10(i get 50FPS avg.), huge lag spikes appear and sound is using 30-50% of my CPU (According to F3 pie graph). It never happened before because i was never using windmills.
    Does/Did anyone have similar/same problem ? Possible causes ? Solutions ?

Alblaka staated in older thread that it sould be fixed in 1.3. Was it fixed ?

• Easy workaround, edit .minecraft/config/IC2.cfg, disable sound.

Yeah, it sucks a bit, but it really does make the problem go away.

• No success :(. Java crashes right after i start MC. I'm using 32-bit Win 7 Ultimate, JRE 7. Is there difference between JRE and JDK (when running minecraft)?
    Oh yes, i did replace all files, including those in natives folder.

• No success :(. Java crashes right after i start MC. I'm using 32-bit Win 7 Ultimate, JRE 7. Is there difference between JRE and JDK (when running minecraft)?
    Oh yes, i did replace all files, including those in natives folder.

yes their is a difference JRE is Java Runtime Environment and JDK is Java Development Kit
    JDK is only for developers who make stuff with java

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false.

• That means there is no difference in the way it runs stuff i guess.

No, JDK includes JRE plus the development tools.

But it does sound rather strange that you (and a few others) can't update LWJGL when so many others can. Maybe it's hardware specific?

For what it's worth, my minecraft PC (that i play MC on) has a Core 2 Q6600, 4 gigs of ram and a NVidia GTX260 graphics card.
    Am i right to assume you have an Intel graphics card? (Lots of people have had issues with intel cards in MC)

• I'm running MC on my laptop.
    Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 2.26GHz
    4GB RAM (but 32-bit OS)
    nVidia GeForce 9600M GT

I found thread providing fix for that crash caused by OpenAL32.dll. But this fix is already included in lwjgl v2.8.2. I'm however, still getting that unload error during MOJANG logo screen. Sometimes game is even able to load into menu and then crashes. This gives only OpenAL32 error, unload is not mentioned there.

• I'm running MC on my laptop.
    Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 2.26GHz
    4GB RAM (but 32-bit OS)
    nVidia GeForce 9600M GT

I found thread providing fix for that crash caused by OpenAL32.dll. But this fix is already included in lwjgl v2.8.2. I'm however, still getting that unload error during MOJANG logo screen. Sometimes game is even able to load into menu and then crashes. This gives only OpenAL32 error, unload is not mentioned there.

That looks almost identical to my old laptop. (MSI GX620-001) Can't say I ever had problems with running minecraft on it but I also never got a chance to run IndustrialCraft 2 on it before it died on me. (motherboard killed itself. still have everything I could yank out of it, inclusive of the processor and GPU)