Batpacks and Creepers

• It's a bug, the batpack shouldn't function as armor but it does. I think I recall hearing that this was something that needed to be fixed at the Forge level?

• It's a bug, the batpack shouldn't function as armor but it does. I think I recall hearing that this was something that needed to be fixed at the Forge level?

Yes, I believe so... had mine 'vanish' on me as well...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Basically it does. But not to fix, but to implement something to change this from happen.

Because this isn't a bug, but a missing feature. A BatPack, a JetPack and everything else you wear is basically an armor-item. If they run out of energy the are threated like being some kind of armor without durability. This just means that if you are hit and wear armor that does not have durability minecraft deletes this armor.

I guess you need to modify baseclasses to change this behavior so it is up to forge to implement a "Won't get destroyed"-Hook. So it is expected but unintentional behavior.

• Basically it does. But not to fix, but to implement something to change this from happen.

Because this isn't a bug, but a missing feature. A BatPack, a JetPack and everything else you wear is basically an armor-item. If they run out of energy the are threated like being some kind of armor without durability. This just means that if you are hit and wear armor that does not have durability minecraft deletes this armor.

I guess you need to modify baseclasses to change this behavior so it is up to forge to implement a "Won't get destroyed"-Hook. So it is expected but unintentional behavior.

Did you know that back in Ic1, drills broke on depletion?
    Did you know that the same was true of batpacks?
    Did you know that this was not the case reciently in singleplayer for Ic2?
    Did you know that Vanilla armor system got an overhaul reciently, For 1.0?
    Did you know that Ic2 for 1.0 was merely a port, without any new features, just bugfixes (that were known)?

Knowing this, I think it quite likely that the new armor system broke the code for Ic2 armor damage catching.

And if this is in multiplayer, It never worked to begin with.

• im positive ic 1 wasnt like that

still rocking the GMA 950 card :D overclocked to the point of smoking. :huh: hahahahaha now i got my 525m now that thing does work 8) :P :D