Suggestion: Allow pipes to place items in personal chests

• Name:
    Allow pipes to place items in personal chests

Description:
    Personal chests used to work like normal chests with BC pipes and RP tubes. Then somebody noticed it was easily griefable, and Alblaka removed the ability for pipes and tubes to access personal chests at all. This makes it impossible to steal items from personal chests this way, but it also makes it impossible to make things like sorters that work with personal chests.
    I suggest that pipes and tubes should be allowed to place items in personal chests, while being unable to extract them.

Recipe:
    Not applicable

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• The biggest reason why BC/RP piping is disallowed is for SMP security. I know you are trying to suggest this for SSP, but on a practical sense the feature of Personal Chests is not intended for solo-use. Therefore, you're probably not going to see this feature enabled for this functionality.

However, there is a solution: http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=2512

Iron Chest is an add-on that provides increased, yet insecure, storage space for your worlds using iron/gold/diamond recipes. BC/RP pipes can pull/put items within them, as well as increase your storage levels beyond that of Personal Safes. So if security is a non issue, then I believe this storage add-on is what you are really looking for..

And yes, this up-to-date with 1.0.0 :)

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• nitpick alert: actually pipes and tubes do work on Personal Chests in single player.
    It's just SMP where they don't work. (and rightly so I might add)

• The OP was asking for pipes to put items into personal safes, but not take them out. Probably impractical to code, but don't misrepresent the request.

• The OP was asking for pipes to put items into personal safes, but not take them out. Probably impractical to code, but don't misrepresent the request.

Correct. I'm also talking about SMP, not SSP.

Probably not impractical to code for pipes - BC has an API specifically for unusual inventories (ISpecialInventory), but tubes have no such equivalent so they might have to remain blocked.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Bump (since I don't see any rules about bumping and this is on the second page now)

Battery snot included.