Just Wondering....

• sorry for all typos and everthing its late at night/early morning because i cant fall asleep. move this thread if it is in the wroung section.

backgrounds info:

so this week has been the first time i have played minecraft in a while. i stopped playing because it was i started getting motion sickness from all the lag for some reason i had never had that problem....and i stopped playing a good bit before ic stopped being developed and ic squared started. so recently i got a new laptop an i thought it wouldnt lag and ic squared is out so it will be better than ever.... i was wroung.

(and before i just used ic1) so i loaded up a new save with ic2, equvilant enchenage, redpower 2, ic2 addon advance machines. and after about 1 week i was around end game. then i started getting bored.(never had that problem with minecraft).

problem/question:

so my question was what do you do at end game? make a system that auto macerate smelt and deposite all of your stuff and craft quantom suit?then place down 256 solar panels? or do you just take forever to get to that state or play on a server. what stuff keeps it enteraining? or maybe post somthing crazy machine that well inspire me.

my soltions so far are:

remove ee ( ee just made the games to easy with the like 2 endergy collecters and 1 enegry condenser because you could just craft anything out of diamounds that were created.)

add buildcraft and addtional pipes( for quarry and lava storage tube thigies.)

make good looking building with 1 purpose and not 1 big ugly building that does everthing.

maybe play on a server.

unrelated questions:

is super fuel still in ic2?

for me buildcraft 2.2.11 is incompatible with redpower 2 beta part 4b because block id conflicts. did i miss up or is it suppose be like that? because i thought they were meant to be together with ic2. or did spacetoad and eloram have a fight or somthing. not a problem because i changed config but i see servers with both....

thanks for anyone who responds or even reads it.

not important

better go play skrim now and mine with my notched pick.

still remeber at beging of ic1 of people spamming the lighting rod idea. hahaha its still a issue.

skyrim vs oblivion (ps3)

skrim(ps3): better gameplay * 11 more enimies and better visuals not as cartoony you can roll like ninja. oblivion(ps3): less buggy better quest stealth not to powerful unlike skrim skyrim felt dumb down like no spells making and alot more fun stuff.

proably have to go with oblvion.

still rocking the GMA 950 card :D overclocked to the point of smoking. :huh: hahahahaha now i got my 525m now that thing does work 8) :P :D

• I had block ID conflicts with the advanced pipes add on for BuildCraft, clashing with Redpower. Nothing intentional, fear not.

• Official Post

You should try SMP, its a lot more fun
    f.e:. try to team up with a few people and build a power grid for your city that is capable of producing enough power, but doesnt waste it when there is too much.
    Build a CASUC yourself, without the help of others/guides
    Or you do what you would do without IC:
    Build epic stuff.

• You should try SMP, its a lot more fun
    f.e:. try to team up with a few people and build a power grid for your city that is capable of producing enough power, but doesnt waste it when there is too much.
    Build a CASUC yourself, without the help of others/guides
    Or you do what you would do without IC:
    Build epic stuff.

i was actually thinking that. like have people taking plots of land at a city and paying for a constant 32 eu per tick

still rocking the GMA 950 card :D overclocked to the point of smoking. :huh: hahahahaha now i got my 525m now that thing does work 8) :P :D

• WHY U NO install railcraft and forestry ? ^^

more mods means i have to update more. and thats like saying i want quanity over quality. i pefer to focus more on really good mods than do a little in all of them. and if i really wanted more mods i go install one of those modpacks that have 80 mods. but i am looking for a mod for bigger chest cant seem to find one.(not using iron chest gui just looks buggy). i know i might have bad grammer and spelling but it might help you ecourage me if you know how to spell you and stopped talking like a alabama farmer in 1927/ 7 year old

• Why don't you do some "challenges" ? For example; gathering some dirt and saplings then heading underground to never see the sun again. Or create a castle with hidden traps as I like to do. The MCF has plenty of these.

• Why don't you do some "challenges" ? For example; gathering some dirt and saplings then heading underground to never see the sun again. Or create a castle with hidden traps as I like to do. The MCF has plenty of these.

yes good idea. but sometimes theres a lot of stupid ones that repeat alot. and my bases always have secret entrances exits and hidden rooms with complicated redstone levers hidden ever where like a lever in the fire place you cant see moves a bookcase to reveal another lever. it is very fun but somtimes fustrating with normal redstone.

• The beauty (and demise) of minecraft is the sandbox nature of the game. You don't have to have an endgame to have fun. (And the latest additions to MC has been really bad in that regard, now it has created an arbitrary end game)

The demise part here is, there is no goal for new people, they have to figure it all out on their own. When they finally realize that there isn't really an end game they get confused because they are used to have a plot, a main storyline to follow.
    God forbid if they had to make one up on their own or challenge themselves in new interesting ways.

Think back to when you where a kid, did you and your friends come up with new ways to play that game outside? Where you playing indians and cowboys and picked up ever more interesting sticks that resembled revolvers and rifles and shotguns?
    Did one of you suddenly pick up an odd looking stick and call it a ray gun or phaser? Did one of you leave his role as an indian and instead turn into chuck norris or an alien or a cat?

You see, imagination is a good thing. You are not supposed to be ridiculed for being unique and coming up with new ideas. It is to be encouraged!
    Minecraft is a huge playground for kids and adults alike to re-live (or reinforce) that mindset. Instead of following all the rules, you make them up on your own as you go.

Now, i am not saying that is fun for everyone and sometimes it's good to have a set of rules to stick by. The introduction of hunger in Minecraft for example gives you a default challenge that you have to overcome on harder difficulty levels.
    Mobs are a constant enemy that if they didn't exist, would make the game dull rather quickly.
    And that's where my suggestion comes... Find a server (preferably with a few friends) that has PvP enabled and start a war. Fight for your resources!
    It does help to alter the ore distribution so that valuable resources are hard to find and far between. Enter the "gold rush" era of the 1800's and lay claim to land and shoot (or stab) any intruders that try to steal from you.
    All depending on how good your imagination is you will eventually find yourself in a great game experience, a non stop real time strategy game.

• thanks for you help and typing the long answer. i usually pretend and do stuff like that but i guess when i took the break my mind just needed some motivation to kickstart the ideas.

ps know any good servers with only like ic2 and proably bc and rp2

i'll proably do it with out solar panels :huh: hahahahaha hydroelctic power ftw!