Bug: OD scanner area - v1.43

• Wiki says OD scanner should scan 5x5 area with player in the middle. It does scan 5x5 area, but in this pattern:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating:
    :Intergrated Plating: MinecraftChar :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: -> EAST
    :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating:

Player's face direction doesn't matter here. OV scanner may or may not be broken, i did not test it.

• The Wiki info may be the problem here but I may be wrong. I'll test it. (probobly, how did you test it/find out?)
    EDIT: Tada figured it out! Well you are correct in the scanning pattern.

• Last i checked it scans 2 tiles in each direction. So like:

Though this is straight out of memory since i have reinstalled everything (computer upgrade) and haven't yet set up my stuff.
    Last i checked, nothing was wrong with how it scanned.

• Code
    for (y = playerHeight; y > 0; y++)

I'm wondering what does that mean. y = playerHeight is probably starting number of for cycle. y > 0 can be condition, and y++ is increment by 1. If i'm right, this one checks y = playerHeight to infinity. Doesn't it ?
    I'm not familiar with java though (it may not even be in java), i'm just curious.

And i'm pretty sure it scans wrong area. I tested it on bedrock level using single piece of ore. I noticed that when i scanned second time after miner finished working - it was never 0, never.

• The miner frequently stops AT bedrock but there can be material beneath it. If you want to be /sure/ setup a test case using a map-modding tool or creative mode (/gamemode username 1) to setup a testing area which is completely cleared. Bottom of the map is a good idea though.

• The way I tested it was I scanned a 5x5 area first with me in the middle and then me where Ragen said and I cut the 6x6 outer perimeter down to bedrock and the middle had changed and the upper corner did not. Thus proving it.

• And what more, in different heights, the value is different (With the same x,z).
    The lower, usually the value is higher.
    Idea why?
    (With an OV Scanner)