My Windmill does not seem to be working.

• I have a nice little IndustrialCraft setup inside a mountain in Survival mode. I'm trying to make easy, renewable energy for simple stuff at the moment. I have a bunch of watermills in a water pit with some insulated copper wire and BatBoxes for storage and energy-loss resets. I then have an insulated copper wire (with a few BatBoxes) going straight up, well above the mountain. It's ALMOST at the top of the map; about layer 124. No obstructions except for the copper wires coming down. I've attached some screenshots. Thing is, I'm getting absolutely NO power from my windmill. 0 EU/t over both tens and thousands of ticks, according to my EU reader. Have I done something wrong (I'm not great at wiring stuff) or is this actually a bug?

(Also, on an unrelated note: RedPower2 Pneumatic pipes don't seem to connect between my Macerator and Electro Furnace. I don't know if that's an incompatibility on IC2 or RP2 though.)

• Long copper cable is long! Looks like you're losing everything in the cables, Put a batbox right under your wind mill to catch everything it produces.

• Long copper cable is long! Looks like you're losing everything in the cables, Put a batbox right under your wind mill to catch everything it produces.

I'm measuring the electricity straight from the mill; does it only produce if it has somewhere it can reach to put it?

• I'm measuring the electricity straight from the mill; does it only produce if it has somewhere it can reach to put it?

I did same mistake once ! Actually it doesn't matter which block you measure, it will show you amount successfully transmitted to the next split/storage/transformer. That's how it works now.

• <snip>
    (Also, on an unrelated note: RedPower2 Pneumatic pipes don't seem to connect between my Macerator and Electro Furnace. I don't know if that's an incompatibility on IC2 or RP2 though.)

since the first issue is solved, i'll address this one. They work fine, provided you've got them hooked up right. I've got a 100% working automatic ore processing system with RP2 working fine.
    The important note is that you have to use a retriever to grab the dusts from the macerators, you only need one hooked to a tube connected to all the macerators. (any side I think, I have them on the "front")
    From there you put the output tube to the top of the electro furnaces. again, you only need one tube, just run them right over the top, the tube will figure out the rest, overflow wise.
    Extraction can be with BC stuff or another retriever.

I've since switched to bluelectric furnaces to save on IC2 power though. Those are a bit more picky. you've got to deliver the dust to the left side and retrieve the stuff from the right.

• yeah, retrievers work, but if you don't want to set up a bluelectric system, transposers(one for each furnace/macerator etc) will work just as well.

While the bluelectric system is pretty cool, working with it deep underground can be a pain as the only current power source is solars.

Hell, prove me wrong, Happy to be so 99% of the time, then I can learn stuff :)

• yeah, retrievers work, but if you don't want to set up a bluelectric system, transposers(one for each furnace/macerator etc) will work just as well.

While the bluelectric system is pretty cool, working with it deep underground can be a pain as the only current power source is solars.

Yeah.. I can see that being a problem given line loss and all of that. There is supposed to be transformers and such coming later though. Not to mention usable batteries.
    Heh, solar panels on the surface charging batteries to be tubed down? Dunno why but I find that concept amusing.

• Alright, thanks; I guess I just need to smelt more tin and make more BatBoxes.

no just attach tin cables until 39 blocks then add batboxes and copper cabbles tin cables have a very small eu loss but if a thuderstorm comes i think you might have the tin cables melt because there so high :Water Mill: :Water Mill: :Water Mill: :Water Mill: :Water Mill: :Water Mill: :Water Mill: :Glass Fibre: :RE Battery: :cursing:

still rocking the GMA 950 card :D overclocked to the point of smoking. :huh: hahahahaha now i got my 525m now that thing does work 8) :P :D