Question: What causes induction furnaces to explode?

• If you run too much voltage through it, it will explode. They can accpet 128 EU/tick (the output of an MFE). If you connect one directly to an MFSU without an MV transformer to step down to 128, the furnace will explode.

• If you run too much voltage through it, it will explode. They can accpet 128 EU/tick (the output of an MFE). If you connect one directly to an MFSU without an MV transformer to step down to 128, the furnace will explode.

So if I use a redstone torch or geothermal generator, it won't explode at all?

• Right. A geothermal generator outputs 20 EU/t, well below the 128 limit. Preheating the furnace does nothing either; an induction furnace can happily sit at 100% heat forever (I leave mine preheating all the time so it's ready when I want to use it).

• So if I use a redstone torch or geothermal generator, it won't explode at all?

Redstone torch won't provide it with energy. Geothermal generator has only 20EU/t output, so it won't cause your furnance to explode. Redstone torch will cause your furnance to remain hot, while you are not using it. It costs 1EU/t.