Closed Beta IC² v0.70

• Official Post

Finally, finally, finally we're done with a playable beta. It doesn't have all IC content, though most of the basic one, a first implementation of the Enet and stuff.

1. Instructions:
    Download is attached below.
    -Install ModLoader
    -Install ModLoaderMP
    -Install MCForge
    -Copy everything of the downloaded folder into your minecraft-jar. As you probably noticed, we moved all files to a handy sub-folder ^^ Except for the mainfile, of course (as it needs to be present to get loaded by ML).

2. Usage Notes:
    I've tested the installation, works fine (thus, if you get errors after installing, it's NOT the mod's fault, but a wrong install / version missmatch).
    Currently, the mod is SSP only.
    I've attached the recipe source code (couldn't bother writen a full recipe list yet), if you see the first few "known" old recipes you will quickly get the hang of reading the recipes ^^ If you even need it, that is. ~60%+ of IC recipes were left unchanged.
    If you got any questions regarding CONTENT or usage of item, drop them in here.
    You're free to promote the mod in any way, except for distributing files or creating videos of it. First clause is obvious, second one is related to beez taking care of the PR in an aimed manner.

3. Wiring:
    The EnergyNet is implemented and confirmed to be working. We don't got MFE's yet, though, thus you will have to do it IC-oldschool and wire stuff directly. Should be sufficient for testing.
    Take Note: The wiring system was completely reworked. Energy won't be sent along the cable, but each time you place a cable the EnergyNet will update references and link up all possible combinations. If then a source proceeds to emit energy, the energy will directly will distributed to all machines in need of energy (with according range loss, which however is 0 with the current cables (testing purpouse)).

4. Known bugs:
    -You can't TMI most of the blocks. This is related to the fact we're using metadata to store 16 blocks into a single ID. TMI can't handle this and will only display the first block of these 16. Somebody will need to write a patch for TMI later on.
    -On my test world i just found a group of trees floating in mid air above a lake -.- I assume lakes are generated AFTER trees.
    -While testing i found a few Electric Machines eventually not switching their sprites corresponding to their state.
    -Report everything else you may find. Except for the sprites! Feanturi isn't avaible right now, thus i can't grap his sprites (he fixed and remade a couple of them).

5. Usage of stuff:
    -Switch MiningLaser Settings by rightclicking while holding M
    -Jetpack's Hover-Mode can be toggled by pressing H
    -You can obtain rubber by using TreeTaps on RubberTree-Treeholes (Rubber Trees generate in Forest and extremely common in Swampland)
    -Rigthclicking with a RE Battery equipped will plug it into another Electric Tool in the hotbar, quickly charging up said tool. Use this to power Mining Drills, etc.
    -Uranium Ore can be COMPRESSED into Uranium Ingots.
    -Nuclear Reactors are fully functional, but don't emit energy into the EnergyNet yet. You can watch their output in a cmd print, though.

• Official Post

1. Yes, they are intentionally rare though. You will find them rarely in forests or somewhat common in swamp biomes (usually around a lake... or floating above it >.<). You can easyly spot them by their high leaf tip.

2. Both. Testing through the whole set of recipes can't hurt and it may take some time to do this without TMI. However, as well it can't hurt to test the mod's balance by just playing. Thuough this won't work well, as some important stuff is still lacking (f.e. MFE's and stuff, necessary to charge more advanced tools (you can craft already)). Btw, you can charge Tier 1 tools by holding a battery and rightclicking. More stylish then a Mobile Charger :P

• Official Post

1. Yes, they are intentionally rare though. You will find them rarely in forests or somewhat common in swamp biomes (usually around a lake... or floating above it >.<). You can easyly spot them by their high leaf tip.

2. Both. Testing through the whole set of recipes can't hurt and it may take some time to do this without TMI. However, as well it can't hurt to test the mod's balance by just playing. Thuough this won't work well, as some important stuff is still lacking (f.e. MFE's and stuff, necessary to charge more advanced tools (you can craft already)). Btw, you can charge Tier 1 tools by holding a battery and rightclicking. More stylish then a Mobile Charger :P

In that case, it will be pure ssp then! only use of maybe the recipebook, or craftingbook in case some recipes arnt what expectency would be :P Been a while sin'ce i've gone at it the old fashioned way.. Remember our first smp setup, we didnt have mfe's for quite a while, used solar gennys, with bats in to charge, solar genny's connected straight to the machinery, beeing unable to do stuff at night, other than, dig dig dig, and dig some more :P However, with beds, it shouldnt be the "worst" problem :P

• Official Post

In the case of using fx, Zan's Minimap, it utilises the M key for its menu screen, i've been unable to change this key, through any config files, before implementing the files in the .jar. And changeing the M key for the mining laser, will then pose a problem.
    ATM Zan's minimap is not part of minecraft Forge And does alter the uq.class file in its latest update.

EDIT: So the option of beeing able to change hotkeys for IC2 would be usefull, for later use, with more mods, even MCF based mods.

• Official Post

Hmm, this thread is for talks about how the mod is, and the bug reports are for threads like, the one i made before with hotkey right ?

fx. talks aobut a certain behaviour, it ends up beeing a bug, then makeing a thread in the bug thread, about this issue, so all bugs are packed in one neat forum, after being "classified" as an actual bug, or needed feature maybe?

EDIT: Answer to answer below?! - Ok, should we have a thread where we could talk about general new "functions" in the game, fx i couldnt help but to spawn a mining laser to see its new awesomeness, and before i used it as a "axe" to mine trees, though of course sometimes i would only get 1-2 blocks of wood, other times the entire tree.. Now, this have an interesting *change* to it... Needless to say, i need to replant a small forrest ><.... You sadist Al....

• Official Post

WARNING
    It appears the Enet has a severe bug causing the game to crash & corrupt the savefile if you place a Macerator.
    I'm not exactly sure, but it may very well happen with any other machine, too... except for non-electric ones.

Errorlog for reference:

Code
    java.lang.NullPointerExceptionat ic2.Direction.applyToTileEntity(Direction.java:50)at ic2.EnergyNet.getValidReceivers(EnergyNet.java:197)at ic2.EnergyNet.discover(EnergyNet.java:153)at ic2.EnergyNet.addTileEntity(EnergyNet.java:50)at ic2.TileEntityBlock.<init>(TileEntityBlock.java:18)at ic2.TileEntityMachine.<init>(TileEntityMachine.java:20)at ic2.TileEntityElecMachine.<init>(TileEntityElecMachine.java:23)at ic2.TileEntityElectricMachine.<init>(TileEntityElectricMachine.java:22)at ic2.TileEntityMacerator.<init>(TileEntityMacerator.java:20)at ic2.BlockMachine.getBlockEntity(BlockMachine.java:124)at ic2.BlockMultiID.c(BlockMultiID.java:240)at lm.d(Chunk.java:457)at ew.b(SourceFile:54)at dk.a(WorldRenderer.java:139)at n.a(SourceFile:1113)at px.a(SourceFile:621)at px.b(SourceFile:509)at EntityRendererProxy.b(EntityRendererProxy.java:14)at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:781)at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)--- END ERROR REPORT eb45a5d7 ----------

Hmm, this thread is for talks about how the mod is, and the bug reports are for threads like, the one i made before with hotkey right ?

Depends. Severe stuff affecting all testers should be mentioned here, we got the bug report section for the rest.

• Official Post

Now, EnergyNet isn't my code and i'm not 100% sure why that error occured, but i've added a catch for it. And test showed machines are still working fine, even in combination with ElectricCurrent...
    Update to the new version (replaced the old attachment). You should even be capable of launching worlds which got crashed by this error before.

• Official Post

You need a Canner/Filling Machine

It has 4 slots and requires
    -Ingredients in the upper left
    -Power in the lower left (or wire a generator in)
    -Empty Containers in the upper right (Tincan or FuelCan)
    -Output is lower right

To fill a single can, you need 6 ingredients... currently you got BioFuel (Cell+2 Compressed Plantclumps + EXTRACTING) and CoalFuel (Cell + Compressed Hyd. Coal + EXTRACTING).

• Official Post

Urgh.... so i fill food and fossil fuels in the same machine? XD Cool stuff! Thx for the Info.