Suggestion: Give Fuel Cans a Fuel Rating/Allow Fuel Cans in Furnace

• I don't really understand why this isn't already implemented, but Filled Fuel Can should really work in vanilla Furnaces. And by extension that would allow them to work as fuel for any mod. *cough* Railcraft *cough*

Modloader has a hook for this. As it stands, if I want Fuel Cans to work in my Tunnel Bore, I'm going to have to write some custom code for it.

Also, I haven't checked this, but if Filled Fuel Cans don't have Empty Fuel Cans set as their container item, they should (like buckets do).

• Official Post

Fuel cans do not work in furnaces, because vanilly furnaces aren't capable of reading the dmg value of an item as fuel value.
    The ModLoader.addFuel version could only add a static value of provided fuel for the item, ignoring the amount and quality of fuel you actually applied to it.

• No clue why you wouldnt want to use an Iron Furnace eitherway :O

Because you took out the recipe to convert them to generators, silly! Some of us are a bit OCD when it comes to spending Iron like that...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• The recipe wasn't taken out, it just uses two more iron... I'll see if I can quickly update the wiki before my meeting.

-edit-

Nevermind; the wiki was already updated on December 6th.

• I'm not silly :(

:3

I meant it as a jest about how fun-loving and awesome you are. No one likes people who are 'srs business' all the time..

And I wasn't aware of the Iron Furnace change.. figured that it was decided to be removed instead, lol...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Official Post

And I wasn't aware of the Iron Furnace change.. figured that it was decided to be removed instead, lol...

Actually it never "changed" after fuel got implemented. It worked in Iron Furnaces right away ^^

I should probably doublecheck the code to ensure i'm not talking shit, but it's 1:35am here and i would rather want to get some sleep, gn8 :3

edit: See, referring to the wrong sub-topic...
    Je, recipes got messed around some to balance them out. But the IronFun > Generator recipe is in for a long time now, though.