[Suggestion] Advanced Orientation Wrench

• When you're expanding a power system, are you sick of removing machines above / below / beside an energy storage block just so you can orient the storage block correctly? This can cause wasted EU and wasted time, as you may have to remove multiple blocks to get at the one you're trying to work with.

I propose the Advanced Orientation Wrench!

This wrench would not remove machines like the normal wrench does, but instead, allows a storage block to be oriented so its output face faces north, south, east, west, up or down. A simple dialog box would open when right-clicked with this new wrench, with just these 6 buttons.

Perhaps it could be crafted with a normal wrench plus a compass.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts, and I would love it if someone could make this new tool / help me make it. (I don't remember much about Java, but I'm willing (and have been meaning) to learn...)

Thanks!

• If you hold shift, you can place the output on the opposite side of anything that can be adjusted with the wrench... Which I think covers this.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Maybe another mode which alternates the sides similar to the rp2 screwdriver which is being used when holding alt.

I personally prefer our system a lot over rp's for most use cases.

It would be nice to have for those rare cases where you would need it, but itt would use a lot of EUs going through all those options if it was the default.

Can BatBoxes, MFEs, and MFSU's be pseudo-smart (Kind of like BC engines?) and orient themselves to cables? If there is just one cable it faces it, but if more then one, ignore? (People might blow more machines until they learned the change, though.)

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• To clarify, picture this example: I like to store EU in storage blocks vertically. I start with a few batboxes, then upgrade to MFEs, then on to MFSU. I like having the higher-tier storage units at the top of the vertical stack. In order to upgrade the topmost unit, I'd have to break the second one inline, orient my upgraded unit, replace the second one, break the third one so I can reorient the second one, et c. Unless all the EU is drained beforehand, all of it, except the bottom unit's power will be lost. This is a secondary concern. My primary concern is the time and effort it takes to reorient them, which can add up, depending on how many storage units are in place.

• As already stated: holding shift while rightclicking will orient the output side of the machine away from you. In your case stand on top of the top-most storage block and shift-click it.

• As for smart placement; how about if I plunk down a transformer and there's one more more orientations that don't cause things to blow up using that one?

Actually my biggest issue that way recently involved an organically grown system and what wound up being nearly parallel lines of 32 and 128... yeah I'm not happy about the mess but the easiest fix was drawing the MFE output 90 deg away, placing cables, painting and then drawing it back.