Suggestion: Water mill + pump integration

• Official Post

My suggestion is to make pumps feed water inside water mills [4 at a time] (like placing buckets into it)

XWX
    WPW
    XWX

X = Anything
    P = Pump
    W = Water mill

A screen of how a 3x3 water tower generator (only 4 water mills)

This would make each water mill output 2 EU/t for a total 7EU/t [considering pump 1EU/t energy usage]
    This can be a way to make water mills more competitive to solar and wind generators.

This would, however, ruin any sort of realism we have...

Actually, I'm trying to hear back from my friend/family member in one of our local power companies about a similar generator that works off of piped fluids to energy cheap electricity...

This method already exist, in a way, with buildcraft and other add-on's associated with it. A bit of as circle looping with water could be used, so long as an energy loss in the overall process is expressed.. This of course defeats the purpose of even using said systems, but losses can be overcome via an application of other, available energy sources (hell, even unmanned water systems can work for that purpose in that regard)...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Official Post

Now, we already disabled (or rather, not-implemented) BC-Water-piping into Watermills for the very same reason ^^'
    One must consider, they output 5 EUt default when watered, providing a way to deliver water to them would cause 2 Watermills to produce 10 Eut nonstop.. and 2 Watermills are still cheaper then a single other generator (cept for base).

Watermill WILL be reworked to have a specific use, but not in this way ^^

• Official Post

This would, however, ruin any sort of realism we have...
    "Lol, my turbines produce 8x the power from flowing water i just pumped". > Perpetuum mobile.

Rather going to look for a different solution ^^'

forgot about that. :(

Hmm make water mill work with steam?

If water is passively heated with lava water mill will output 0.5 EU/t
    If water is heated by working generator it will output 2 EU/t
    If water is heated by working Geo generator it will output 5 EU/t

• forgot about that. :(

Hmm make water mill work with steam?
    If water is passively heated with lava water mill will output 0.5 EU/t
    If water is heated by working generator it will output 2 EU/t
    If water is heated by working Geo generator it will output 5 EU/t

:D !

That sounds alot cooler then!

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• agreed i can just imagine a steam powered train or boat or balloon imagine the possiblties of steam

hmm....... maybe a steam powered jetpack :Jetpack: