[Suggestion] Advanced EU Reader (AKA EU Meassure Tablet)

• (Disclaimer: All this is more of looking the "Profesional" opinion about if something like this is possible rather than a suggestion. Although if you find the idea appealing feel free to do it :D)

OK i suddenly have a punch of inspiration while looking at a Minecraft Map, You know how the map updates in real time whenever you move right? Well i had this idea for a advanced eu reader that would be able to read the numbers of Packets and all that other info that the regular reader isnt capable of telling (Either Real time or after X Secs to make it less CPU Intensive), When you click on a cable (Specifically the one that is connected near the machine/storage unit/etc), show something like this:

And if you target a Machine it would show different information according to the machine (Although this its just optional)

Of course this is just theorical, my lazy ass hasnt been in the mood to play around with Minecraft code and such so i dont know how much of this is actually possible to do (Hence the disclaimer at the start)

Recipe: No idea actually, Something involving a Eu Reader + Advanced Circuit + Something else would be ideal.

• Also showing the EU loss in E-net would be good.

By the way, showing a wind tower packets would be hard since those wind mills would have different packet sizes.

Yeah, but before optimizing the thing it would be good to know if its actually possible to do :whistling:

To measure EU with the reader we ned to add a semi-complex hook to the enet.
    You do not want to think about how much work this sort of advanced mechanism would need.

Im a human being, telling me that will only make me more curious about how complex it would be/was/is.

• Official Post

Im a human being, telling me that will only make me more curious about how complex it would be/was/is.

Feel free to hop onto the IRC and bug Player until he tells you stories of the enet. I've stopped trying to understand it ~a few months ago. I know how to use it, i know what it does, i don't need to bother with the algorythm :3

• Feel free to hop onto the IRC and bug Player until he tells you stories of the enet. I've stopped trying to understand it ~a few months ago. I know how to use it, i know what it does, i don't need to bother with the algorythm :3

Oh boy that should be fun.

• That would require an enet that require isn't just input-request generic. The enet doesn't know if that thing that's sucking up eu is a tesla coil or a mass fab. As for how hard this would be, probably a few weeks of just this, nothing else.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.