SUGGESTION: Better Sell-o-mats

• How about showing what they're selling and for what, as well as accepting different kinds of stuff? Like 2 sticks and 3 planks for a boat or such?

:Mining Laser: HEADSHOT :Mining Laser:
    For the record "Sibire" is pronounced "sighbeer", not "cyber", "sib-ere" or "sigh-bire".

• Unfortunately the best current way of doing that would be to use an intermediary object of little value (say converting the items in to scaffolding) and using stacks of that as currency.

• Unfortunately the best current way of doing that would be to use an intermediary object of little value (say converting the items in to scaffolding) and using stacks of that as currency.

That's the problem I'm addressing here... :|

For the record "Sibire" is pronounced "sighbeer", not "cyber", "sib-ere" or "sigh-bire".

• Afaik we only have trade-o-mats? Which do exactly what you said, trading 2 itemstacks defined in the specific input only accessible by the original owner of the block?

I think he meant to have trade-o-mats show you the trade.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• Yeah as in showing the trade, that' what I meant.

• I'm not that familiar with trade-o-mats; You mean they don't show the example on the left for other players? (I expected them -to- show this, but not allow modification of it.)

Edit:

Also, it would be nice if trade-o-mats could have combinations (which is what I think the suggestion above was); sort of like a recipe, but more a list of exchange.

• Official Post

Originally it was intended to be this way, but i couldn't manage to tell MC to stop taking items out of the slot.
    There ware major bugs, and replacing the stack in the slot with another one hold on mouse ALWAYS worked, regardless the code settings.

Thus instead the 2 slots aren't visible and instead a toString of the itemstack is (meant to be) displayed. Doesn't work all that well, though.

• Having not had power for ~30 hours I've been unable to check (and am at work right now on break so still can't check); is the toString of the item stack (and it's count) displayed in the owner view so we can have an idea what the customer will see?