Information about crops

• Let me guess this is the question for today? :P

I actually managed to get 5-0-4 and reused it. I just plant 8 wheat around a double-crop. If you scan it and it says Wheat it's the vanilla-one with 1-1-1. So now I got a 3-1-2 and replaced one of the 1-1-1 with it. Cropnalyzer also tells me it's 3-1-2 by rightclicking the crops. I startet to replace all 1-1-1 wheat with better ones. I'm now at 8 wheat which are all above 1-1-1 and managed to get a 4-3-5 in the middle, which I used to replace a 2-2-1. I hope to eventually reach values above 10 soon and actually this 8 wheat-crops provide enough wheat to feed me :P (since I don't do that much I don't get that exhausted).

Oh... and I got some Pumpkins in the process... yeah 8 Wheat -> Pumpkins happened two times out of about 20. I quite often get 0-0-0 Wheat^^. I kept some of them to compare a later elite-crop with the 0-0-0-loser-crop :P

• Official Post

Let me guess this is the question for today? :P

I actually managed to get 5-0-4 and reused it. I just plant 8 wheat around a double-crop. If you scan it and it says Wheat it's the vanilla-one with 1-1-1. So now I got a 3-1-2 and replaced one of the 1-1-1 with it. Cropnalyzer also tells me it's 3-1-2 by rightclicking the crops. I startet to replace all 1-1-1 wheat with better ones. I'm now at 8 wheat which are all above 1-1-1 and managed to get a 4-3-5 in the middle, which I used to replace a 2-2-1. I hope to eventually reach values above 10 soon and actually this 8 wheat-crops provide enough wheat to feed me :P (since I don't do that much I don't get that exhausted).

Oh... and I got some Pumpkins in the process... yeah 8 Wheat -> Pumpkins happened two times out of about 20. I quite often get 0-0-0 Wheat^^. I kept some of them to compare a later elite-crop with the 0-0-0-loser-crop :P

That's the way it's meant to be done :3 Cept for the pumpkins, 2 in 20 is awfully lots.

• That's the way it's meant to be done :3 Cept for the pumpkins, 2 in 20 is awfully lots.

I thought the same. Funny enough the reeds only produced more reeds :P, not a single misshaped plant (like... melons^^), only tons of reeds. And they grow incredible fast.

• I thought the same. Funny enough the reeds only produced more reeds :P, not a single misshaped plant (like... melons^^), only tons of reeds. And they grow incredible fast.

If reed with Growth=3 grows incredibly fast, i can't imagine how fast would plant with growth=30 grow.

• If reed with Growth=3 grows incredibly fast, i can't imagine how fast would plant with growth=30 grow.

Hopefully I find this out soon.

But I guess the function is: GrowSpeed = Basespeed + GrowthValue

So it won't be 10 times as fast :P

Actually I build an autoharvester with RP which puts the harvested reeds into a generator. Maybe I will look into plantball-creation later, but the right-click-harvest is incredible.

Oh... and I would like a better method of weed-destruction. Sometimes it is hard to differ between weed and a new plant (because you don't know how this new plant will look like), would be cool if right-clicking will destroy weed.

• If reed with Growth=3 grows incredibly fast, i can't imagine how fast would plant with growth=30 grow.

I can ;P and i am REALLY looking forward to it ;P never again will i run low on sticky resin!!

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.
    **** :Industrial Diamond: 's i want :Iridium: !!

• Sometimes it is hard to differ between weed and a new plant (because you don't know how this new plant will look like), would be cool if right-clicking will destroy weed.

Pictures of weed are in the main post and Weed has its own dark green texture. You can tell from green pixel positions if it's weed or not.

• Pictures of weed are in the main post and Weed has its own dark green texture. You can tell from green pixel positions if it's weed or not.

Technicaly speaking there could be a plant that looked like weed, but other than that you get used to identify it quite fast

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.
    **** :Industrial Diamond: 's i want :Iridium: !!

• Pictures of weed are in the main post and Weed has its own dark green texture. You can tell from green pixel positions if it's weed or not.

I know that. But I don't know if a plant that might look similar exist. Normally I let the weed grow a little bit, to be totally sure. But being able to remove weed via right-click would be nice. Exspecially since the cropsticks are full blocks and you might accidently hit the wrong block.

• From what I understand you will never weed in the cross-breeders, only in regular crops, so you shouldn't have problem telling them apart.

Oh well I definatly had weed in a crossbreeder. At least it looked like weed^^ ( I have some purposly placed weed to check against it for being sure it is weed).

• don't know if this is somewhere in this thread already i couldn't find it so here you go:

in this thread alblaka stated that plants can be overhydrated
    http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=4105

First
    intended as a design concept, you can "overhydrate" crops. Clicking
    them again while they're hydrated will reverse the effect. Thus you can
    stack hydration up and down all day long.

Changed in the next release though, kinda stupid design idea.

• All I know is that I spammed Reeds together until I discovered Stickreeds.

Woot. I's special. 3-1-4 Stickreeds.

Oh wow. Stickreeds are amazing.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• I bred stickreed.... but then it didn't drop seeds :(

and, btw Venomilia drops purple dye [if it hasn't been mentioned] ... I'm still trying to figure out what's "poisonous" about it...

• I bred stickreed.... but then it didn't drop seeds :(

and, btw Venomilia drops purple dye [if it hasn't been mentioned] ... I'm still trying to figure out what's "poisonous" about it...

It may kill nearby plants. Also try walking over it without boots. <- those things were in suggestion

• Hmm... I bread reeds all day :P I got wheat once, but never sticky-reeds.

Sometimes I breed a new plant, but I don't get seeds from it so I use a new Breeding-Setup. A 5x5 Dirt-area.

Step one Until all Watermills are sticky-reeds (Solarpanels represent reeds)

:Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log:
    :Rubber Log::Water Mill::Rubber Log::Water Mill::Rubber Log:

Step two, until again all solar-panels are sticky-reeds.

:Rubber Log::Water Mill::Water Mill::Water Mill::Rubber Log:
    :Rubber Log::Water Mill::Water Mill::Water Mill::Rubber Log:
    :Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log: :Rubber Log:

Step-three Batboxes are places I fill with stone. Watermills are my sticky-reeds and Windmill is my crossbreeder

:Batbox: :Batbox: :Batbox: :Batbox: :Batbox:
    :Batbox: :Water Mill: :Water Mill: :Water Mill: :Batbox:
    :Batbox: :Water Mill: :Wind Mill: :Water Mill: :Batbox:
    :Batbox: :Water Mill: :Water Mill: :Water Mill: :Batbox:
    :Batbox: :Batbox: :Batbox: :Batbox: :Batbox:

This way I never have to harvest seeds and of course I get tons of reeds which feed a nearby generator to refill my batteries^^ (in near future I will recycle the reeds first and burn the scrap).

PS: Well... till now I haven't got any sticky-reed... but well

Edit: Replaced :Solar Panel: with :Rubber Log: since Solars turn into smilies.