[Suggestion/Question] If geothermal generators accept BC piped lava, shouldn't water mills...

And that second line, what? Removing from geogen? Explain that second line better plox.

I mean remove direct pumping, i think it would be better like that.

This would look cool and provide power. You could create real waterplans like the hover dam with this

Oh, thats looks rly nice, but, i think 0,5 EU. would be better.

• So a Up-Down water motion no? The same could be applied to Right/Left-Left/Right. Of course limit this by having a side of the watermill "Accepting" water and the other side "Expulsing" the water. the other sides would do nothing.

For the sake of simplicity I would go with up -> down. And of course it is the most efficient. If from left to right is possible too by rotating the watermill of course I won't care. Maybe you would get 0,25 EU/t for horizontal flow and 0,5 EU/t for vertikal. But number's aren't that important.

Implementation should be possible. BtW has something that creates flowing water if connected to a filled BC tank. So outputting water should be doable.

• Oh, thats looks rly nice, but, i think 0,5 EU. would be better.

Im inclined to 0.20 myself. With this kind of setup you dont need to have water in all the sides to produce energy, so you would not lose energy from placing the cables to move the energy produced (Unlike in the actual mode where your effiency would go lower because you needed to place a cable, especially in water towers).

Maybe a special property to Add all the energy produced by linked water generators and send it as a single packet (Would make tin cables useless if too much water gens are used, but i would be a nice addition), so for example you would have something like this:

:Glass Fibre: :Water Mill: :Water Mill: :Water Mill: :Water Mill: :Water Mill:
    :Water Mill: :Water Mill: :Water Mill: :Water Mill: :Water Mill:
    :Water Mill: :Water Mill: :Water Mill: :Water Mill: :Water Mill:

So that single cable would move the energy produced by these 15 water mills. (Maybe place a limit to how many Water mills can be linked)

For the sake of simplicity I would go with up -> down. And of course it is the most efficient. If from left to right is possible too by rotating the watermill of course I won't care. Maybe you would get 0,25 EU/t for horizontal flow and 0,5 EU/t for vertikal. But number's aren't that important.

What you are describing its basically the Water Generator having a Input side and a Output side for the water, so direction should not be important (Specially since i dont know if you can detect if vertical or horizontal in minecraft code).

Also Logically speaking (Lul) WaterMills usually work from side to side (At least the pretty big fucking ones like the hoover dam).

• Hmm... transmitting energy through machines should be possible. But it could confuse some energy-networks. And it should stay at 0,25EU/t at least, to match the other Gens. Since it's easier to setup as wind but harder as solars. Water-Gens aren't used that often in the first place because of the great amount you need of them. It would be better if they produce 0,5EU/t but you only get one water-gen out of the recipe instead of two.

What you are describing its basically the Water Generator having a Input side and a Output side for the water, so direction should not be important (Specially since i dont know if you can detect if vertical or horizontal in minecraft code).

Also Logically speaking (Lul) WaterMills usually work from side to side (At least the pretty big fucking ones like the hoover dam).

Of course you can detect it. If the input faces upwards -> vertikal. If it faces one of the side -> horizontal, if facing downwards the water-gen does nothing. Oh, and a redstone-signal shut stop the water. So you could use them as floodgate too.

Real Water-Plants compress the flow of water to speed it up. Hard to simulate the laws of bernoulli in minecraft.

• Hmm... transmitting energy through machines should be possible. But it could confuse some energy-networks. And it should stay at 0,25EU/t at least, to match the other Gens. Since it's easier to setup as wind but harder as solars. Water-Gens aren't used that often in the first place because of the great amount you need of them. It would be better if they produce 0,5EU/t but you only get one water-gen out of the recipe instead of two.

But the convinience of setting up effective watergen models are only beat out by the easyness of the Solar Gen. Windmills needs to be placed high up to produce decent energy and they may be some energy loss if you make them too up+every interference they get from any block but air, Solar Generators can be placed at any height but only works in open space and during the day.

Water Gen can be artificially made with little effort in underground caverns or in the overworld, you just need to place water and you are done, works 24/7 and with this model interferences are minimum compared to the actual model. (Plus how cheap making watermills are)

Of course you can detect it. If the input faces upwards -> vertikal. If it faces one of the side -> horizontal, if facing downwards the water-gen does nothing. Oh, and a redstone-signal shut stop the water. So you could use them as floodgate too.

This may be a bad example, but i remember that rubber trees have different meta values for the side with the resin source, so that leads to make me believe that minecraft doesnt have any code to specify Upward/Downward/Left/Right Etc posisions, in a way to make Vertical flowing sources to produce more energy than horizontals (I may be wrong)

• But the convinience of setting up effective watergen models are only beat out by the easyness of the Solar Gen. Windmills needs to be placed high up to produce decent energy and they may be some energy loss if you make them too up+every interference they get from any block but air, Solar Generators can be placed at any height but only works in open space and during the day.

Water Gen can be artificially made with little effort in underground caverns or in the overworld, you just need to place water and you are done, works 24/7 and with this model interferences are minimum compared to the actual model. (Plus how cheap making watermills are)

Yeah, so go with 0,25 EU/t.

My Wind-Gens average at 1 - 1,5 EU/t, since they are placed quite low (about 80), but they are never destroyed and since they are just on the top of my "house" they are easy to place. Hard placement is true if you go over 100 in regards to height. But with 80 you still produce a lot of energy but the setup is much easier, you never have your windmills destroyed and rooting the energy to your base is not much trouble.

This may be a bad example, but i remember that rubber trees have different meta values for the side with the resin source, so that leads to make me believe that minecraft doesnt have any code to specify Upward/Downward/Left/Right Etc posisions, in a way to make Vertical flowing sources to produce more energy than horizontals (I may be wrong)

You could also just search for the water-sourceblock. If it's above it means topdown. If there isn't one above the watermill looks next to it on the same height. Last it checks if their is air or flowing water on the opposite site. Just checking the block above and below would be way easier

• Yeah, so go with 0,25 EU/t.

My Wind-Gens average at 1 - 1,5 EU/t, since they are placed quite low (about 80), but they are never destroyed and since they are just on the top of my "house" they are easy to place. Hard placement is true if you go over 100 in regards to height. But with 80 you still produce a lot of energy but the setup is much easier, you never have your windmills destroyed and rooting the energy to your base is not much trouble.

But there is still some degree of complication because moving in high heights its pretty dangerous, and with windmills a little complicated since you should remove any blocks you used as floor when you finish setting them up... Watermills dont requires that kind of risk.

• But there is still some degree of complication because moving in high heights its pretty dangerous, and with windmills a little complicated since you should remove any blocks you used as floor when you finish setting them up... Watermills dont requires that kind of risk.

Again this depends where you build your wind-gems. Just stuff them on top of your house. You could use the roof for easy moving. A 20x20 complex could take 16 windmills on top. Even if you place them at ground-level (64) they produce about as much as a solar over one day (solar is 13k, 13k / 250 = 52 so a windmill at 52 will produce as much as a solar) and are cheaper. So if you place them at about 80-90 they are really good and not that hard to place.