[Suggestion] Macerate Bricks back into clay...

• ... For that akward moment when you need to do such a thing. Its kinda a small thing but i though that adding this recipe would not take much time.

And while we are on that note, how about a Clay dust > Compressor > Clay and a Coal Dust > Compressor > Coal Recipe too?

• I think this is a good idea.

How about also combine clay dust with a bucket of water/cell, (with the same 8x recipie as coal dust) to get clay back. Although, Dont you get 2 clay dust from clay? It would have to remain even, so 2 dust + water = clay, 8 dust + water = 4 clay.

Edit: And while we are at it, why not macerate glass into gravel, and flint into dirt.
    Then, compress flint into gravel, and gravel into cobblestone?

That way, we have a whole cycle for those materials, and have a way to make renewable dirt and gravel, because, actually, some people do use them.

Once you do that, so we can make a supply of gravel, Add back the synthetic clay recipie, with a bucket/cell, 3 sand, 1 gravel, -> 8 clay balls.

• Well... I you heat clay to get bricks. Why should you macerate them to get clay again?. You need at least water, but even this won't turn the materials back. And I see no real reason.

First you macerate clay-blocks into clay-dust (2 of them). Second Clay-Dust is totally useless if you don't plan to make CF-Pellets. Why should you want to macerate bricks back into clay? The only real reason of clay to exist is to turn it into bricks. Well... that's if you don't plan to create tons of CF-Pellets.

• Well... I you heat clay to get bricks. Why should you macerate them to get clay again?. You need at least water, but even this won't turn the materials back. And I see no real reason.

First you macerate clay-blocks into clay-dust (2 of them). Second Clay-Dust is totally useless if you don't plan to make CF-Pellets. Why should you want to macerate bricks back into clay? The only real reason of clay to exist is to turn it into bricks. Well... that's if you don't plan to create tons of CF-Pellets.

To fix mistakes?

Accidentally smelt a ton, and considering that clay is a finite resource (unless you have an uber mass fab setup anyhow)

Precisely because 1 brick = A lot of CF Stone, and since you can paint those and "Maybe" we can hide cables with those in the future...

Also read the rest of the thread, Brick > Macerator > Clay Dust > Water + Clay Dust > Clay. Or something along those lines.

Also bricks are a good way to store that extra clay like the iron/copper/gold/etc blocks, but once they reach to bricks you cant break them down to clay again... Derp, Clay block is still just as good as bricks, still would be nice to turn those bricks to clay if possible.

• Brick Block -> Extractor -> Clay Block?

Seems much easier and requires no new items.

Also allows you to make an auto-smelting system with RP2/BC, and to get Clay blocks back for those rare times.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• The extractor does the weirdest things in IC2, imo.

Was just the easiest way I could think of doing it without new items.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.