Suggestion : Improve H. Coal Cell usefulness

• Name:
    Improve HCOAL CELL

Describtion:
    Since you can only make coal dust with the REAL coal, not Charcoal and as the relative scarcity of Coal dust is important to the development in the game as solar panels, diamonds, and nano armor use it in gratuitous quantities i would like to suggest the following changes.

H COAL CELL

H. Coal cell should take Charcoal Dust / Water which would be made out of Charcoal, not coal, thus eliminating the bottleneck of REAL coal dust from such things as Solar Panels and Nano Armor.

This would make the JET PACK / FURNACE usage of fuel effective and not a waste. As is, the H.Coal cell is not useful at all.

Recipe:
    Same as existing with the modification of creating one more object, Charcoal Dust

• If only coal wasnt the... 7°-10° most abundant material in minecraft >.>

Well, right out of the starting gates coal does have the tendency to be scarce. But even so, by the time your ready to hit the Carbon Plates for the Nano Armour and Adv. Machine Blocks, one should have (from my experience) at least 3-5 stacks of coal.

(I have Forestry and Treecapitator, so wood is easy to come by for me, plus I can use BC pipes to feed the wood directly to a fully heated Induction Furnace from the Arboretum and straight to my warehouse)

• Yeah, quite honestly, if you're using Buildcraft, it's likely more efficient to burn the wood into charcoal and then burn it in a generator than it is to take the time to macerate it down into dust and process it into coalfuel. You'd get more energy out of the coalfuel, but you'd also use more energy and spend more time on the process.

• It is very abundant, which is nice; however, even with all i can scrape i have NO coal once i get done creating solar flowers and armor.

Point is, the H.Coal cell right now is useless and should either be taken out of the game entirely or substituted for something else. I wouldnt mind making H. Charcoal cell with TWICE the amount of coal needed to produce the same cell, thus limiting the viability of unlimited / easy power if Alblaka wanted to.

• Why not simply, ignore the H.Coal Cell? Its not like its doing any harm to you since the only use for it, its for fuel for generators (Which you dont need) and the jetpack.

If you are doing it for the jetpack, go with the Biofuel Cell way and its almost the same but more abundant with a penalty on the amount of fuel power.

• Why not simply, ignore the H.Coal Cell? Its not like its doing any harm to you since the only use for it, its for fuel for generators (Which you dont need) and the jetpack.

If you are doing it for the jetpack, go with the Biofuel Cell way and its almost the same but more abundant with a penalty on the amount of fuel power.

That's what i'm currently doing, juts wondering whether or not it would be a good idea to introduce something like H. CharCoal cell. Basically, i produce an assload of Charcoal anyway, be nice to put it into cells and use it instead of regular coal.

From a developers perspective, its good to know that items in your game that you have painstakingly created are useless so that you can develop them more thoroughly in the future.

Basically just putting my 2 cents on the board and seeing if it perhaps will become something useful in the future :).