Ore duplication.

• Okay guys, i'm sorry to post this, but I have problem with several mods:
    IC2,
    RP2,
    Forestry.

I have 3 different copper ores in game, and that is really confusing me, and ruining the game.
    I've managed to disable forestry copper and tin, but still, i have RP2 copper.
    What can I do to remove the RP2 copper ore from game? Because it's really bad to have 2 different same ores...

Sorry for posting not IC2 post.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.
    I have copied this line

• RP's control for ore generation is located at the bottom of its config file, located at .minecraft/redpower . Please keep in mind two things:

A: As of PR4, RP writes its config files using linux returns, so you'll need something other then vanilla Notepad to open up the config file.

B: Any ore generated already in your world will likely still be there even if you turn off fresh ore generation.

'Wait! What does that mean?! I can't panic properly unless I know what that means!'
    'Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and... I went ahead anyway.'

• Disabling RP2 Copper is in the RP2 config file inside the .minecraft\redpower folder.

There ought to be a line closer to the bottom allowing you to disable copper spawn. I would show you the line, but I purged my Minecraft install to prep for the start of my Let's Play tonight.

Just make sure to open the file with something like Notepad++ (personal fave) as the stock MS Notepad program mucks it up.

Edit: Damn. Ninja'd.

• I'm up for watching an LP. Can you PM the link?

'Wait! What does that mean?! I can't panic properly unless I know what that means!'
    'Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and... I went ahead anyway.'

• Actually, once I get going, I'm gonna be putting up a topic under the Videos section. Keep your eyes peeled. Just have to reinstall my mods.

*Decided to do a full blown update to prepare*

• A: As of PR4, RP writes its config files using linux returns, so you'll need something other then vanilla Notepad to open up the config file.

Does the same logic apply to Mac's "TextEdit" program? I've been trying to install redpower, but I keep getting block conflicts; every time I set autoassign to 1 and boot up minecraft I get the same block conflicts and find that autoassign has been set to 0 again. Strangely, my other changes to the .cfg file are preserved (mostly turning off copper and tin generation).

• Autoassign will, for obvious reasons, set itself back to 0 after it runs.
    Otherwise it might change all the block IDs every time you loaded the game.
    Try deleting or removing the config (keep a backup!) and launch the game to let it create a new one.