Incompatible With Buildcraft/Redpower?

• So here's the story, I install IC^2 alone, and it works, i add the other mods (redpower and buildcraft) and minecraft crashes leaving me with this:

[start]

Mods loaded: 15ModLoader 1.1mod_ModLoaderMp 1.0.0mod_RedPowerCore 2.0pr4dmod_BuildCraftCore 2.2.12mod_BuildCraftBuilders 2.2.12mod_BuildCraftEnergy 2.2.12mod_BuildCraftFactory 2.2.12mod_BuildCraftTransport 2.2.12mod_IC2 v1.64mod_RedPowerArray 2.0pr4dmod_RedPowerLighting 2.0pr4dmod_RedPowerLogic 2.0pr4dmod_RedPowerMachine 2.0pr4dmod_RedPowerWiring 2.0pr4dmod_RedPowerWorld 2.0pr4d
    Minecraft has crashed! ----------------------
    Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.
    If you wish to report this, please copy this entire text and email it to support@mojang.com.Please include a description of what you did when the error occured.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 6141dd0b --------Generated 2/1/12 2:26 PM
    Minecraft: Minecraft 1.1OS: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1Java: 1.6.0_26, Sun Microsystems Inc.VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.LWJGL: 2.4.2OpenGL: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500 Series version 2.1.8787, ATI Technologies Inc.
    java.lang.RuntimeException: RedPowerCore: BlockID 250 exists, autoAssign is disabled. at forge.MinecraftForge.killMinecraft(MinecraftForge.java:332) at eloraam.core.Config.getBlockID(Config.java:114) at RedPowerMachine.initialize(RedPowerMachine.java:121) at mod_RedPowerMachine.initialize(mod_RedPowerMachine.java:48) at mod_RedPowerMachine.ModsLoaded(mod_RedPowerMachine.java:20) at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:832) at ModLoader.AddAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:189) at afq.(afq.java:80) at afq.(afq.java:9) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:265) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:648) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)--- END ERROR REPORT 63ff5f94 ----------

[end]

yes i know that it says *mod_ModLoaderMp 1.0.0* but that is because that's the correct version of the mod for 1.1.0 Minecraft. I don't know why it wont work since the Forge API is supposed to make it compatible, but it seems it's not... Any help?

• Turn on autoassign on RP's config

WTF!? I actually need help and you're making a social experiment out of it? How about go onto reddit and try it, it'll yield more results as allot of people browse reddit.com/new

• WTF!? I actually need help and you're making a social experiment out of it? How about go onto reddit and try it, it'll yield more results as allot of people browse reddit.com/new

-facepalm- That's Richard's signature. It's a copy-paste thing. You don't hang around forums much do you?

On topic: You have an ID conflict between IC2 and RedPower2, find your .minecraft folder and there should be a folder called 'redpower' in there. Inside that is a file called 'redpower.cfg' make sure to open it with a program that is NOT Notepad (e.g. Notepad++). Close to the bottom of the file should be a line called 'autoassign=0' change it to 'autoassign=1,' save and run Minecraft again. Rinse and repeat if necessary.

• WTF!? I actually need help and you're making a social experiment out of it? How about go onto reddit and try it, it'll yield more results as allot of people browse reddit.com/new

How is that a "social experiment"? Actually, don't answer that; I don't care.

java.lang.RuntimeException: RedPowerCore: BlockID 250 exists, autoAssign is disabled.

You have two options, one which you've already ignored but I'll repeat it:
    Turn on autoAssign in redpower's config (.minecraft/redpower/redpower.cfg)
    or
    Edit the blockID 250 in IC²s config to something else. Breaking any existing IC² world.

I hear there's also some ID resolver out there, but I haven't touched that and probably wont.

• Official Post

*rofl*

Thread made my day (much more enyoable).
    It's rare to see people who don't know Signatures/forums :3

@Original topic: You DO realise that 90% of all IC users are using BC and/or RP together ? Assuming they're incompativle is.... amusing :3

Locked instead of instant delete (title formatting) for the lulz ^^