Suggestion: Scripted Music Boxes?

• Ok, so I was playing with the timers from red-wire and made an clock to sit on my floor and had ideas about making an big wall clock that could chime every quarter of the day with an different tune so I could tell what time it was while making an mess in my workshop... when I realized I had neither the space nor inclination to make 4 separate sets of music blocks. Then I had an thought inspired by an earlier peek at the forums.

What if we had an somewhat more complex version of the music playing cubes in minecraft that used scripts similar to those used in other machinery like the scripted robots and other such ideas where an player could feed printed paper sheets into a simple inventory interface to make it play different notes or tones depending on the colour of paper used or something to that effect. like one of those ancient player pianos that used paper sheets with holes punched out of them. It may require advanced components, like an record player and several note cubes, or possibly some kind of power source to run? Either way it would make playing simple tunes in minecraft something that would no longer require several acres of land and would make it simple enough for anyone (even me! :D ) to make some music.

Just an suggestion, what does everyone else think? :huh:

• I think once that Alblaka adds computer modules that this could become a reality.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]