Reactor limiter system.

• For an SMP sever, I'm trying to design a redstone system that would effectively limit the output of a reactor, using a detector cable and an inverter to shut the reactor off when not needed. However, after building and testing such a system, I found that where was an excess produced, so my question is, is there a way to limit the output of the reactor to the needs of a power system?

• Detector cable, invert that signal (so when power is flowing the output is off) and run that to your reactor. There might be small amounts of waste while it ticks over, but that will shut it off when power isn't flowing.

• We did try that, but the waste proved to be an issue, I may just have that flow into a mass fab using a splitter cable though

• wel, to be honest i have such an system currently in my single player map, and is working like a charm. i wil upload an design picture shortly.

sit tight.

edit:

picture uploaded, how this works is as discribed:
    hitting an button on the exterior wall (outside cirquit system) wil activate an pulse former (obsolete and can be left out) which in turn wil trigger the toggle latch.

in the off position this toggle latch wil also ceep the timer in an slumbering state (off)

when the toggle latch is triggered it wil turn off the signal running to the reactor and thus activating the reactor. (on position)

the timer i mentioned is set to an time of 10 seconds, and linked to the toggle latch. when the latch is switched to an off state, the timer wil start ticking... but when the reactor starts to produce energy, and EU detector cable wil produce an signal, this signal is collected using good old redstone and inverted by an redstone torch (this is needed in order for the system to run from vanilla - RP)

and ofcourse, the cable used to transfer eu must be connected to an power storage device... or else the system wil auto shut off within 10 seconds.

i hope i covered it all, if not the pictures should speak more clearly then i can explain redpower cirquitry.

if it doesnt work for you, try experimenting with this system using: toggle latch, timer, invert cell and ofcourse.. the good old repeater at the side of the reactor.

and yes... this is an CASUC reactor... breeder to be exact. (stable at 7400 heat and perfect breeder) might make an topic of it sooner or later.

wel, goodluck!

small edit: fucked up with the file upload.. 1st picture is ON postion. second is the OFF position.