Welcome to OmegaTech Industries (A Minecraft Let's Play)

• Add Railcraft and Thaumcraft. I use them, and I love them.

Noted.

Railcraft and Thaumcraft will probably be seen in my 1.2 LP.

My second episode is up, sorry for not posting that earlier.

Oh, thanks to the new block limit in 1.2, I'm expanding my mods list to include a number of new ones. I'm still open to suggestions.

• I saw your second episode, and don't let the lack of views get you down. The other day, I was searching through Direwolf20's earlier (and admittedly, crappier) videos, and they only have about 100 views each. Plus, they're about 2 years old. So, even if you get very small amounts of views off the bat, you never know, you may become as famous as the Yogscast or someone. Basically what I'm saying is don't make videos for the views, make them for yourself. I think it's great that you are making a LP, as I really respect your opinion on the more controversial topics on this forum. And another thing, you may want to add ComputerCraft to your mods list. Great job, and don't give up!

COMING !SOON: Melumpkins, the Addon!

• I saw your second episode, and don't let the lack of views get you down. The other day, I was searching through Direwolf20's earlier (and admittedly, crappier) videos, and they only have about 100 views each. Plus, they're about 2 years old. So, even if you get very small amounts of views off the bat, you never know, you may become as famous as the Yogscast or someone. Basically what I'm saying is don't make videos for the views, make them for yourself. I think it's great that you are making a LP, as I really respect your opinion on the more controversial topics on this forum. And another thing, you may want to add ComputerCraft to your mods list. Great job, and don't give up!

Thanks man. After I did the Biodiamonds addon vid, I wanted to give a LP a go in an attempt to see if I could muster enough courage to get out there and be more of an extrovert rather than what I usually am. If I do become THAT famous, it won't affect me too much honestly, I'm one of those few people (men, especially) that don't get terribly egotistical to the point of being intolerable. For me, I try to see where both sides of the topic are coming from, and judge the merits of the topic from there instead of jumping in blindfolded.

Computercraft will probably find it's way into my 1.2 LP once all of the mods I plan on using are updated, but until then... I'll probably get to recording Episode 3 tomorrow evening as school is beginning to pile up on me now, and hopefully have the episode uploaded by Friday if my internet doesn't bork on me.

I do have plans for dropping OmegaTech Industries at some point (might go out with one helluva bang :Sticky Dynamite: :Sticky Dynamite: :Nuke TNT: ), but really, I want the community's input on that as I like to give people a chance to influence and perhaps increase their interest in what they see, if they know that they had a hand in it.

But really, thanks. That kind of thing makes me proud to be a Minecrafter/Industrialcrafter.

• So... when's EP 3 coming? or are you waiting for the mods to be updated?

Waiting for mods to be updated. And I'm thinking of just starting a new series in 1.2 that ought to go a little smoother. :rolleyes:

On top of everything, I've been swamped by school.

• OK. At the rate the mod authors are updating, it seems that we should get the all mods updated within a week. Also, since I mentioned Thaumcraft earlier, I'll link you to the author's youtube so you can check out the new features coming in Thaumcraft 2. http://www.youtube.com/user/azanor1

Actually, Thaumcraft IS going to be included in the new LP, I've just been getting used to it's features, I will definitly check out more videos on it in the morning. I've already got all of my JAR mods installed and working, just need the Content mods to update, then I'll be good to go.

• I've decided that I am going to scrap OmegaTech and move on to a new LP in 1.2 once all of the mods I plan on using are ready. Unfortunately, I found out that, while Forge works, it is quite a mess thanks to the update. So things are still a little sketchy there, so I'll have to figure something out there...

Ah, oh well, I have a project to keep myself busy with for the next little while.

Once the mods are updated, I'll make a new post for the new series and maybe get a moderator to lock this thread.

• I've decided that I am going to scrap OmegaTech and move on to a new LP in 1.2 once all of the mods I plan on using are ready. Unfortunately, I found out that, while Forge works, it is quite a mess thanks to the update. So things are still a little sketchy there, so I'll have to figure something out there...

Ah, oh well, I have a project to keep myself busy with for the next little while.

Once the mods are updated, I'll make a new post for the new series and maybe get a moderator to lock this thread.

I haven't had a problem updating. As long as you make sure the block ids are the same.