[Suggestion] Carbon fibre bow and arrows

• I guess you can cap it by that way, or a hard cap.

Theohypatechnically you could shoot an infinite amount of mobs with one arrow that way- until it hits the void, the edge of the map, or the 200 mob hard cap.

Heh, yea. Actually, Make it deal a small amount of direct damage to players with energy armor, instead of piercing them, before vanishing.

• Heh, yea. Actually, Make it deal a small amount of direct damage to players with energy armor, instead of piercing them, before vanishing.

Sounds like something for an energy arrow from an energy bow. Goes through technology, but shocks the hell out of you.

Unless wearing the to-be Hazmat Suit.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Actually a projectile armor would penetrate protective shields much easier than an energy-arrow.

The problem with such kinds of shields is, that they allow transmission of slow objects and they need to allow the transmission of air obviously. So a arrow will most likely pierce all energy-shields because it isn't fast enough, but you should try to get rid of the iron head of the arrow. WC would be a nice alternative or even better depleted uranium, since both have a really high density, but actually there is no tungsten in IC2 :P and shooting uranium-arrows is quite a waste.

Oh and at least crossbows are quite modern. The real advantage of bows and crossbows is the lack of noise. Shooting a crossbow or a bow is incredible silent. If you have ever heard gunfire with a silencer, you would actually question the name "Silencer" because the shot still is everything, but not silent (about 70-80db).

Oh and one of our most famous modern heroes namely Gordon Freeman uses a crossbow as a precise and devastating weapon. And such crossbows are far more advanced than any regular gun.

• Iridium Arrow Heads would be pretty dang devastating.

Guess we'll have to wait and see what kind of toys Al gives us.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Iridium Arrow Heads would be pretty dang devastating.

Well... Iridium would be cool, it is the densest material on earth. So it would make some good projectile :P

But wasting it in bullets is rather unlikely. I guess Al will more likely go with Uranium for AP-Bullets, and why shouldn't some kind of AP-Arrow also use Uranium.

I am sure it won't be just "bows", moreover, i think there won't be ANY bows.

• Hmm, depleted uranium arrow heads... that could be fun! :Uranium Ingot: :D

I like the idea of an carbon bow, maybe with longer range and increased damage but otherwise fairly standard bow. Personally I'd just make it use iron head arrows or better yet make it capable of multiple ammo types and make it friendly with that weapon mod... the exploding arrows were fun in that!

Piercing shots sounds neat, but it would simply follow an standard arrow ark until it hit the ground. X percent chance of stopping on collision with an enemy and lower the percentage chance each time so hitting like 3-4 enemies would be about as much as you could pull off with any reliability. Of coarse doing so would probably require the bow to be fully pulled back.

• I would like to see this. since I hardly go around killing chickens to get feathers.

I've been having a lack of ranged weapons when i go mining. I don't want to use my mining laser since its a waste of power to kill a zombie when I could be using it to dig away for him to fall, and look for ore.