[Suggestion] Ideas for a Use for that 4th UNUSED upgrade slot in machines

• Hmmm, what to do with that 4th empty slot just begging to be utilized....

I know!!

Input/Output Capacity Increase!

Introducing a new Machine Upgrade Card, the Inventory Upgrade...
    Made with some very, very, very expensive items. These will allow the machines to have an increased capacity on both the input and output slots, just like the Induction Furnace. Before you say, 'It will make the Induction Furnace useless'; think about the COST associated with the upgrade, it will be enormous.
    Simply take one Advanced Machine Block, :Advanced Machine: , and put a Personal Chest on the 4 sides (top, bottom, left and right sides), throw in 2 Iridium Plates in the top 2 outer spots, and finally 2 coolant cells in the bottom 2 outside spots.... and VIOLA, one Inventory Upgrade for your lonely 4th slot.
    :Iridium: PS :Iridium:

PS :Advanced Machine: PS

:Coolant Cell: PS :Coolant Cell:

PS= Personal Safe (smileys borked it up)

I don't know, maybe reduce it to Iridium Ore or just one Iridium Plate in the top middle, whatever; it still needs to involve using UU-matter.

Now, from looking at the GUI for the Induction Furnace, it seems that there is room for about 3 inputs and 3 outputs total. This would mean that at most you could add 4 of these upgrades. The initial upgrade (the odd numbered cards) would add an output slot, the following card (even numbered cards) would add an input slot. This sequence would not be user select-able. Also note that EACH upgrade would compound the energy usage, (ie 50% for the 1st one, 100% additional for the 2nd card for a total increase of 150%, 3rd would add 150% for a total of 300%, and 4th would add 200% for a total of a 500% increase in power consumption; OR, if that isn't high enough, start at 100% for the 1st upgrade and it goes to 1000% by the 4th).

NOTE: these are obviously just ideas which the Dev-team could clearly hash out for balance purposes. My goal with these upgrades would be to take the machine to the limit (8000 eu/t) and make the user have to balance the Inventory Upgrades with the Overclocker Upgrades so as to not devastate their energy supply just from running 3 stacks of iron through the Furnace in 64 ticks (3.2 secs)

• How about using it as an 'energy port' where if you have stored EU in the machine still, and you need to move it somewhere else, you can place a Re-Battery/e.Cry/lap.Cry in that slot and suck all of the energy out of the machine before removing it from its location?

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Just to create an empty slot you made expensive receipt and increase power usage? :O

I already suggested Control Upgrade:

No upgrades: Machine do not change state on RS signal except lever/button placed on machine directly; (to stop RS interaction in tight places if unneeded)
    RS Dust or RS Torch in upgrade slot: Machine in changed state constantly; (to make external signal unneeded to Transformers and such)
    1 Upgrade or Electronic Circuit: Machine can take external RS signal to change state; (just as supposed now)
    2 Upgrades or Advanced Circuit: Machine can take external RS signal to change state and emit RS signal if output full; (this turned off now "due to interference with nearby transformers")
    3 Upgrades or ???(Advanced Circuit for each slot may be): Machine get external RS signal and emit RS signals to the different sides separately based on that side slot state. (described below)
    Developers can make a Control Upgrade or use already present items as upgrades. As you wish. :)

For final upgrade level:
    For Processors:
    upper slot is input, so RS signal on when slot empty (unable to process);
    right slot is output, so RS signal is on when slot full (unable to process);
    bottom slot is energy input, so RS signal is on when machine is out of energy (unable to process);
    For Storage blocks:
    upper slot is charging, so RS signal on when item fully charged or cannot be charged (unable to charge);
    bottom slot is energy input, so RS signal is on when out of energy;
    side slots absent, so RS signal is on when storage full;
    For Pump:
    upper slot is for liquid containers, so RS signal is on when there is no empty bucket or cell (unable to process);
    For Miner:
    upper slot is pipe slot, so RS signal is on when it is empty (be it empty of pipes or of cobblestone);
    right slot is scanner, so RS signal is on when ore value reach 0;
    left slot is drill, so RS signal is on when cannot drill farther (water, lava or bedrock on the way);
    As you see, each slot have something to tell about.

Input and output RS signals will not interfere because of output RS signal on always mean "cannot operate".

• simple as potato - module that allow usage of higher tier crystals, just like transformers but for internal energy sources:

1.) - any type of fuel
    2.) - lava
    3.) - ionised water and similar power sources
    4.) - tier up
    5.) - tier up
    6.) - and any additional modules produce 0.1EU for free

• No need,transformator upgrade is invented,and miner already has option in config files to enable lapotron usage

• What about energy usage upgrades? I don't know if it has already been suggested, but I think it's a neat idea.

My idea is like 0.95*energy use for every energy upgrade
    So: -with 1 energy upgrade every operation costs 95% of original EU cost
    -with 2 energy upgrades every operation costs 90,3% of original EU cost
    -with 3 energy upgrades every operation costs 85,7% of original EU cost
    etc.

The numbers are probably a bit imbalanced, but you get the idea.