Suggestion: Night Vision Goggles and Craftable records.

• Well, if you read the title, you know what this suggestion would be about.
    Craft able Records:
    I think a recipe for craft able records would be 8 carbon plates around a dye corresponding to the color of the record. For example, to craft chirp it would be 8 carbon plates around a red dye.
    Night vision goggles:
    I think you should implement these too. A recipient would be lens (compressed glass) with energy crystals somewhere and string or rubber where the goggles would go around the back of your head

• NVGs would rock, but I suppose they'd be hard to implement. I don't know, is there some kind of "only that player sees everything at light level 15" possiblity? I mean, with other mods in mind, you can't just switch textures I think... I don't know jack about Minecraft code-wise, though.

• Official Post

I have suggested Night Vision before. Please use searching :D http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=2785

NVGs would rock, but I suppose they'd be hard to implement. I don't know, is there some kind of "only that player sees everything at light level 15" possiblity? I mean, with other mods in mind, you can't just switch textures I think... I don't know jack about Minecraft code-wise, though.

There are mods that make everything look bright (light 15 every block) without actually increasing light. (you can use SMP but only you will see bright and mobs will keep spawning)
    I know two mods that does it.

IC² can't implement Night vision (without modifying base files) due forge hook limitation.

• Vote up for NWG. And this is a one which IC2 need to implement right now. But pls, just constant light level. Dumb green overlays or shaders will broke it all easy.
    It may be done now with cheat hacks on client side, but i do not know are any of mod apis allow to do this.

• Vote up for NWG. And this is a one which IC2 need to implement right now. But pls, just constant light level. Dumb green overlays or shaders will broke it all easy.
    It may be done now with cheat hacks on client side, but i do not know are any of mod apis allow to do this.

I dont see whats the hurry in implementing this?

Also i prefer the Dumb green overlay make the thing look unique, a constant light level is such a uncreative solution for it.

• Don't see a point for a pair of goggle that do that until the PVP 'expansion' is released.

And... Crafting records? Why? There's no point. Period.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Official Post

Don't see a point for a pair of goggle that do that until the PVP 'expansion' is released.

And... Crafting records? Why? There's no point. Period.

Good for mining and seeing stuff at dark?
    I really don't like to bring torches when i'm mining.

• Good for mining and seeing stuff at dark?
    I really don't like to bring torches when i'm mining.

You really don't like bringing the essentials of mining with you while you mine?

That and brightness at 100% lets you see everything.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• i use a Second moniter hooked up to my computer as my NVG, my main moniter has the brightness set for normal, the side moniter runs at maxed brightness which appears as about lighting level 8 or so. if you have a second moniter available i'd highly recommend this. lol

as for the records, not many people know this but if a skeleton gets the killing blow on a creeper then the creeper has a 20% chance of dropping a record. this i alot easier then you might think, just look at weapon damages and creepers life and calaculate it out, lfor example (these are not accurate calculations) 1 chop with an iron sword, 2 chops with a wodden sword and then let the skeleton shoot it for the kill. it's fairly easy to do,

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG