Bug (v0.90): HV cable resistance value mess up

• I test by outputting from BatBox to another Batbox with distance of 1 cable.

HV cable no insulation: 31 EU/t
    HV cable with 1 insulation : 32 EU/t
    HV cable with 2 insulation : 31 EU/t
    HV cable with 3 insulation : 32 EU/t

I test by outputting from BatBox to another Batbox with distance of 2 cable.

HV cable no insulation: 30 EU/t
    HV cable with 1 insulation : 31 EU/t
    HV cable with 2 insulation : 30 EU/t
    HV cable with 3 insulation : 31 EU/t

My take is that there is some value you forget to change.

meanwhile, my complain: Come'on, only 1 cable distance for HV? Repeater for HV is damn expensive! (4 MFSU + 2 HV transformers)

Please ignore this floating platform with 10,000 solar panels. Nothing to see here.

• Official Post

Nope, the values are clearly set to 1, 0.95, 0.9, 0.8
    Eventually there's a problem with the code handling this incorrectly. Though i wouldn't exactly see the reason for that.

Yes, HV cables have extremely high loss... but if you send 2048er packages along them, it doesnt exactly matter, not even for long distances.

• Please explain what you mean by "it doesn't matter"...?

The losses are negligible compared to the voltage. Even if you create a 500 block long cable, and assume a ridiculous loss rate of 1EU/tile, you will still only lose 500 EU per 2048 EU, and that is considering it's a VERY long cable (so long that if you put it in a straight line, it will span over 31 chunks), and a RIDICULOUS loss rate (I am assuming the actual loss is more akin to 1 EU every 3-4 tiles).

• So... is it a bug that different insulation fluctuates the resistance values?

Please ignore this floating platform with 10,000 solar panels. Nothing to see here.

• The losses are negligible compared to the voltage. Even if you create a 500 block long cable, and assume a ridiculous loss rate of 1EU/tile, you will still only lose 500 EU per 2048 EU, and that is considering it's a VERY long cable (so long that if you put it in a straight line, it will span over 31 chunks), and a RIDICULOUS loss rate (I am assuming the actual loss is more akin to 1 EU every 3-4 tiles).

So basically it's advocating the use of extremely long ranged distances then? I can see why it's instantly eating up that much from the very beginning now...

• Official Post

You have to use relative numbers since the loss is absolute, proper transformer usage assumed you get:

Copper Cables: Capacity 32EUt, Conductivity -0.2EU/b, Insulation 1 -> 6250 ppm loss/block
    Gold Cables: Capacity 128EUt, Conductivity -0.4EU/b, Insulation 2 -> 3125 ppm loss/block
    HV (Iron) Cables: Capacity 2048EUt, Conductivity -0.8EU/b, Insulation 3 -> 391 ppm loss/block
    Glass Fibre: Capacity 512EUt, Conductivity -0.025EU/b, Insulation 0 -> 49 ppm loss/block

• I Seem to found a cable bug

I made a 5x5 Cable Grid put a MFU as the centre / put solar panels on top

I was Upgrading the Grid to 7x7 and noice that the cables were Lagging out when being placed then on the last one it LAGGED and Locked up minecraft

• Official Post

I Seem to found a cable bug

I made a 5x5 Cable Grid put a MFU as the centre / put solar panels on top

I was Upgrading the Grid to 7x7 and noice that the cables were Lagging out when being placed then on the last one it LAGGED and Locked up minecraft

Jup, creating vast cable grids overloads the energy-engine. Because you create BILLIONS of possible path's.
    Should probably mention this in the known bugs.

• Jup, creating vast cable grids overloads the energy-engine. Because you create BILLIONS of possible path's.
    Should probably mention this in the known bugs.

maybe create a conductive plating block at some point? All adjacent blocks only conduct electricity to a "node block" that acts like normal wire. I could see some pretty nifty uses for this (massive solar panel arrays).