New Iridium Uses

• ... People really need to get a good reading of my posts (Either that or i need to express myself in less subtle ways), i dont technically agree with every idea listed. I think its the second post of this thread when i mention it.

yes, i read your post.

you were saying that the iridium heat dispensers would cause the reactor to explode 4 times faster. i'm assuming that you are thinking i ment as in a Heat Transfer as the current heat dispensers do. i think i may have mis-spoken as to the functionality of the Iridium Heat Sink. the function of the Iridium Heat Sink would be to disperse heat from the reactor all together more effectively, the current Integrated Reactor Plating provides 0.1 cooling power per cycle, coolant cells provide 1, Reaction Chambers provide 2 cooling power, ect.. ok so an Iridium Heat Sink would cause .4 or .5 Coolant per cycle and would function the same as the Current Integrated Reactor Plating in terms of Heat Transferance. so using 2 Iridium Heat Sinks instead of Integrated Heat Dispensers would be like adding an extra Coolant cell INSIDE the current Heat Dispenser or placing 1 more block of water against the outside. it's not much, but it's alittle better at keeping it colder.

i also as for the Iridium Wiring i figured you understood the reasoning and were not longer against the idea of the Iridium wires for an additional EV use because i gave a logical and exact application to why they would be used and needed and you didn't counter-post/bitch about it. instead, you combatted sebra about the "uridium cells" lol

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• An there is a reason that a UUM-Recipe for Uranium does not exist.

And that is exact reason of Uranium in recipe. Are you think it is overpowered too?

About the 1st post (ignoring balance):
    1: Iridium Reactor Plating:
    Why not?
    2. Iridium Heat Dispenser: 4 times more effective then the current heat dispensers.
    Where will it dispense to? To boil coolant cells?
    3. Iridium Wiring: EV wire that cannot be insulated, but only loses 1 EU every 10 blocks.
    I can understand ingame reasons to forbid insulation, but it is illogical. And Hazmat Suit should protect from shock damage.
    4. Iridium blocks:
    Why not? If you think it's cost effective...

• yes, i read your post.

you were saying that the iridium heat dispensers would cause the reactor to explode 4 times faster. i'm assuming that you are thinking i ment as in a Heat Transfer as the current heat dispensers do. i think i may have mis-spoken as to the functionality of the Iridium Heat Sink. the function of the Iridium Heat Sink would be to disperse heat from the reactor all together more effectively, the current Integrated Reactor Plating provides 0.1 cooling power per cycle, coolant cells provide 1, Reaction Chambers provide 2 cooling power, ect.. ok so an Iridium Heat Sink would cause .4 or .5 Coolant per cycle and would function the same as the Current Integrated Reactor Plating in terms of Heat Transferance. so using 2 Iridium Heat Sinks instead of Integrated Heat Dispensers would be like adding an extra Coolant cell INSIDE the current Heat Dispenser or placing 1 more block of water against the outside. it's not much, but it's alittle better at keeping it colder.

i also as for the Iridium Wiring i figured you understood the reasoning and were not longer against the idea of the Iridium wires for an additional EV use because i gave a logical and exact application to why they would be used and needed and you didn't counter-post/bitch about it. instead, you combatted sebra about the "uridium cells" lol

I think you are comparing potatos with tomatos with the iridium heat sink. And i did not noticed your reasoning of the EV wire maybe because i was too busy bitching about something else let me check it.

Ok if i understand correctly (although dont quote me on this), your EV wires are practically 4 glass fiber wires into the same block like so:

-it can output packets of 512+ EU making them able to move long distances without the need of much buffering as long as you supply the right amount of energy to it, while Glass fiber can only travel the right amount for 512 eu without any buffering.

-The loss ratio of the iridium cable its 1/4 of that of the glass fiber.

Man in the end you just semi described a weaker expensier version of glass fiber wanna know why? 1 eu lost per 10 blocks (9 for good meassure) vs 1 eu lost per 40 blocks (39 for good meassure), if you apply the maximum amount of EU for glass that is 512, with iridium you would lose those 512 after 4608-5120 blocks and glass fiber loses it after 19968-20480. The iridium cable would need to have 4 times the amount of eu of glass fiber to reach the same distance. In the end Iridium cable have no use besides from a major energy sink when you dont want to buffer you energy transport or something (im a little hazy so my bitching right now may be a little confusing)...

Btw divide those numbers of blocks by 16 and you will know how many chunks it will travel before losing their charge.

• Iridium Heat Dispensers: would cause the same amount of Heat Transferance, but cause the reactor to lose .5 heat up from the current reactor heat dispensers .1 so they would not do anything drastic, basically would just be like adding half a coolant cell to the equation.

Iridium wire: you could use a Hazmat suit i suppose, or maybe allow Rubber Boots to present electric damage when walking above the lines? that way you could stil travel along the lines as long as your not trying to nuzzles the sides of it, lol. also if you have a quantum chest, i think you'd have little to fear.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Meh, I use :Geothermal Generator: not :Reactor:

"super long gay fucking signature that shouldnt even be here but you cant disable it or at least i cant find it god damnit i hate the internet and everyone on it. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

umad Badspot? :P

Steve shaves with a chainsaw.

• I think you are comparing potatos with tomatos with the iridium heat sink. And i did not noticed your reasoning of the EV wire maybe because i was too busy bitching about something else let me check it.

i think i simply confused you with the word Dispenser, i'm looking for the innovation of an Iridium "Heat Sink", like the thing attached to the processor on your computers motherboard, not a transferance.

• Meh, I use :Geothermal Generator: not :Reactor:

well that's nice, atleast your not only sticking to Solar Panels, lol. however, your post is void as to the purpose of the thread. do you like or agree to the other 2 uses atleast?

• i think i simply confused you with the word Dispenser, i'm looking for the innovation of an Iridium "Heat Sink", like the thing attached to the processor on your computers motherboard, not a transferance.

The computer Heat sink simply absorbs the heat the processor its emiting and the fan cooler will absorb that heat and expulse it out of the case, that in a nutcase what the heat sink does, and its almost the same thing that the heat dispenser does, absorb heat from nearby components and redistribute them equally among the same components and the hull of the reactor.

Also:

Ok if i understand correctly (although dont quote me on this), your EV wires are practically 4 glass fiber wires into the same block like so:

-it can output packets of 512+ EU making them able to move long distances without the need of much buffering as long as you supply the right amount of energy to it, while Glass fiber can only travel the right amount for 512 eu without any buffering.

-The loss ratio of the iridium cable its 1/4 of that of the glass fiber.

Man in the end you just semi described a weaker expensier version of glass fiber wanna know why? 1 eu lost per 10 blocks (9 for good meassure) vs 1 eu lost per 40 blocks (39 for good meassure), if you apply the maximum amount of EU for glass that is 512, with iridium you would lose those 512 after 4608-5120 blocks and glass fiber loses it after 19968-20480. The iridium cable would need to have 4 times the amount of eu of glass fiber to reach the same distance. In the end Iridium cable have no use besides from a major energy sink when you dont want to buffer you energy transport or something (im a little hazy so my bitching right now may be a little confusing)...

Btw divide those numbers of blocks by 16 and you will know how many chunks it will travel before losing their charge.

In the end:

1) i dont care much about this.

2) you better get clear on what this does to get a clear opinion about it

3) Glass fiber its still the best kind of cable to use

4) I guess its regular enough, some way of storing iridium plates i guess.

• i thought i had said Iridium Wiring would be a EV wire which handles 2018, not 512 *shrug*

• I was making a point given them the same amount of EU to transport. you can do the calculation with 2048 with EW to see how long it reaches if you want. In the end EW will move those 2048 EU of energy the same distance as the glass fiber will move 512 of energy.

And dammit can we stop the super quotes, they are becoming a sore in the eyes.

• I was making a point given them the same amount of EU to transport. you can do the calculation with 2048 with EW to see how long it reaches if you want. In the end EW will move those 2048 EU of energy the same distance as the glass fiber will move 512 of energy.

And dammit can we stop the super quotes, they are becoming a sore in the eyes.

it would got like 80 blocks shorter or so, but it would be sending 4 times more packets, you'd be sending 4 packets of 512 instead of 1 packet of 2048, this could be used to help minimize Server Strain alittle bit, not make, but every little bit helps. it would also be more space efficient when running the wires through your house and you wouldn't be gaining any real advantages other then saving space at the cost of iridium.

oh and Teleports can accept 2018, so you could power them more efficiently

• it would got like 80 blocks shorter or so, but it would be sending 4 times more packets, you'd be sending 4 packets of 512 instead of 1 packet of 2018, this could be used to help minimize Server Strain alittle bit, not make, but every little bit helps. it would also be more space efficient when running the wires through your house and you wouldn't be gaining any real advantages other then saving space at the cost of iridium.

oh and Teleports can accept 2018, so you could power them more efficiently

Teleports Absorb the entire energy from nearby MFSU, so it doesnt power it more efficiently.

Number of packets doesnt matter much, you are sacrificing way too much efficiency on those EW, besides Enet calculations arent so strenuous as you think. And you are thinking wrongly about numbers of packets in this particular case. Also when both of those packets (2048 vs 512) reaches the destination (the 20k blocks) their total eu would become 0... for both, where are you losing more? with EW or with Glass fibre?

And whats this about saving space at the cost of iridium? Especially in a tightly place like your home? Glass fibre is even more exception in this situation.

• Teleports Absorb the entire energy from nearby MFSU, so it doesnt power it more efficiently.

Number of packets doesnt matter much, you are sacrificing way too much efficiency on those EW, besides Enet calculations arent so strenuous as you think. And you are thinking wrongly about numbers of packets in this particular case. Also when both of those packets (2048 vs 512) reaches the destination (the 20k blocks) their total eu would become 0... for both, where are you losing more? with EW or with Glass fibre?

And whats this about saving space at the cost of iridium? Especially in a tightly place like your home? Glass fibre is even more exception in this situation.

then i was mis-informed as to the functionality of the teleportes long ago and never really looked into it.

so apart from making a brutal electric fence then i suppose the Iridium Wire doesn;t have all that much use unless you just don;t feel like using Glass Cables.

i suppose most people would really need 2048 going through their house for short range transport anyways, lol. ok so scrap the Iridium Wire idea, unless someone really wants to make a large brutal electric fence out of it larger then one using HV-Cables

• Even then, Tesla coils would be a lot less harmfull to their EU totals.

And like i say, you just need to stick a MFSU near the teleporter, when you feed the redstone signal to the teleporter AND you pass through it, in that moment its when the energy calculation will be done and subsequently extracted from any nearby mfsu instantly.