[Suggestion:] Coil-Gun Technology

• how about some more techs involving magnetic applications.

1. like a Cart Booster, that when powered by a magnetizer works similar to a gold track, however, it will boost the minecart forward instance at max speed when placed to the right of the tracks, this way you could prevent boosters from launcher you the wrong way using detector rails to turn the magnetizer off when coming from the wrong direction so your cart will stop, or set it up to correct your direction and launch you the other way.

2. Coil-Gun, works like a mining lazer set at Long Range but travels 32 blocks destroying everything in it's path regardless of the material, except for reinforced stone and bedrock. will only go through 8 reinforced stone blocks or so. this however costs 1 Refined Iron as well as 100EUs per shot. Recipe would be something like this:

:Energy Crystal: :Energy Crystal: :MFE-Transmitter:

:Teleporter: :Teleporter: :Teleporter:

:Metal Block: :Mining Laser: :Metal Block:

:Teleporter: =Magnetizer

3. Unit Accelerator (player cannon). when filled with 10,000EUs and applied a redstone current, players equiped in metal armor would be accelerated and "thrown" roughly 128 blocks (on a flat terrain) at a 45 degree angle at the speed of quantum legs when leeping with boots under the effect of Speed Potion 2, into the air at the specified direction. you could then either make a pool of water to catch you, a rubber trampoline to bounce you back up and resume your flight for long distance travel, stop yourself with your epic Quantum Boots, or simply pray you survive the fall by slamming into the tip of a mountain. when used in unison with quantum boots you could set of precise landing points to land on a stone pressure plate and launch you again in a different direction. this would be a hazardous yet more efficient and advanced form of transportation after aquiring quantum armor to survive the journey. or if you did the calculations paerfectly, you could use it as a catapult to get into you mountain side or arial living quarters. i suppose you could also specify this to shoot you straight up to the top of the world (for those of you that want an arial castle or ship with no ground access point other then getting "beamed up").

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Bumping for feedback, good or bad input accepted. what does everyone think?

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• sow....feedback?

il be honest. it sounds good. the things you suggested are wel, awesome.

the coil gun should be an nice upgrade to the normal mining laser, but wil it also pas throu entities? lets say, 3 skeletons in an row. is only the first one fried or also the next 2?

should also add an nice extra use for refined iron, but why refined? normal iron should do fine right?

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Only 100 EU for being able to core through 32 blocks? The mining laser uses 5000 per shot, and cores through 27 stone, or 128+dirt. Maybe 6000 or 8000 is better.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• Only 100 EU for being able to core through 32 blocks? The mining laser uses 5000 per shot, and cores through 27 stone, or 128+dirt. Maybe 6000 or 8000 is better.

you forget that the coil gun uses iron as it main shot. the small amount of power is only required to propel the metal

i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Not sure I see the Coil Gun as being that necessary, but I do like the idea of a player launcher. "Poor man's teleporter".

• Not sure I see the Coil Gun as being that necessary, but I do like the idea of a player launcher. "Poor man's teleporter".

or as an trap, you entered the wrong password.... acces DENIED! BOOOM, and he is send flying into the ocean

• how about some more techs involving magnetic applications.
    2. Coil-Gun, works like a mining lazer set at Long Range but travels 32 blocks destroying everything in it's path regardless of the material, except for reinforced stone and bedrock. will only go through 8 reinforced stone blocks or so. this however costs 1 Refined Iron as well as 100EUs per shot.

Coil-Guns, known more commonly as Gauss guns, are complete crap. They use A TON of electricity per shot, and waste most of it. They are about the same power as a conventional gun, but use a lot more energy. A railgun, on the other hand, uses about the same electricity, but have a MUCH higher muzzle velocity. Which is why the US military has 2 destroyer-class ships armed with giant railguns. Which can hit anywhere in the world. Notice how they don't have a single gauss gun. Which are cheaper and easier to make, too. Railguns operate by inducing a magnetic current in 2 rails, then passing a charge through the projectile, which induces a slight magnetic current in the projectile, which causes it to be instantly flung out of the barrel at immense speeds. Most railguns also have a magnetic coil at the back to get the projectile moving before it hits the rails so that it doesn't spot-weld to the rails. Gauss guns on the other hand, simply have an ordinary magnetic coil at the back, pushing the projectile forwards. If you had a gauss gun and a railgun, powered both with the same amount of electricity, and the railgun fired the projectile say, 500 meters, the gauss gun would fire it maybe 2-3.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• well the Coil-Gun would be more of a rail-gun but with multiple acceleration points. and as mentioned it does cost the use of an iron/refined iron, i figured refined would be better cause the more pure the iron the higher the magnetism, also it would use alittle bit of energy to make it into refined. also if you use UUM to make the iron then the value of 1 refined iron is alittle over 1 million EUs per refined iron, if i'm thinking correctly, 5 uum makes 2 iron ores, or was it 4? but even at 4 ores it makes the EU Value of iron 625kEUs. which is far more costly then a mining laser. also perhaps have 2 modes on it? Kill-Mode and Mining-Mode, that way if you have to use it to take out a creeper or 2 or some skeletons you don't accidently blast holes through your house and hit vital machines, and yes it would pass through enemies doing about 20 hearts worth of damage. that way players could not really use this to harvest Iron Ingots from Iron Golems in towns as it would take 3 iron Ingots to kill 1 golem.

my main appeal to this technology is the Player Launcher (#1) and Minecarft accelerator (#2) for faster traveling methods that are alittle less convinient then a teleporter. as a teleporter can pin-point travel you from bedrock to the top of the world, and if you were to try and make a spiral launch pad system using these it would require a significant amount of engineering, testing, energy, and materials as it would take like 10 or more to get to the top of the world now. so they would not trivialize the teleporting system either.