Casuc Reactor, using Coolant Cells.

• Is it possible? If you had a full 6 chambers, and a configuration that each uranium cell has a coolant cell adjacent, Would it be possible to keep a reactor cool by sending in coolant cells to continuously melt in it? I know you couldn't use IHDs, because they have the same heat capacity of the coolant cells, so would melt as well, but coolant cells can take heat directly from uranium cells.

• Is it possible? If you had a full 6 chambers, and a configuration that each uranium cell has a coolant cell adjacent, Would it be possible to keep a reactor cool by sending in coolant cells to continuously melt in it? I know you couldn't use IHDs, because they have the same heat capacity of the coolant cells, so would melt as well, but coolant cells can take heat directly from uranium cells.

Of course it is possible.

• Possible is one thing. Practical is another... :)

You'd need to use redpower2 and possibly buildcraft.

1. Buildcraft (or manual) to create empty cells from tin.
    2. One or more pumps with rp2 transposers sucking out the coolant cells and feeding them to the reactor
    Eventually you're going to run out of tin and thus run out of cells and go critical.

A better way IMO is to use pump+compressor to make snowballs then another compressor to make ice from the snowball. Then you feed the ice to the reactor. That way you never need to supply any materials, it just keeps on cooling.

The main problem of course is that all this only works reliably in SSP. The lag issues in SMP will, in my experience, sooner or later result in a meltdown even though the same design is stable in SSP.

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment or chain letter? This is left as an exercise for the reader.

Efficiency 3, 50% duty cycle. SMP friendly. Alternate two of them slowly with an rp2 sequencer for a steady 120 EU/t.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1j10101001501521s1r11r10

• Ah, Ofc, It uses tin, I forgot.
    Lol, no wonder it isnt used.

I want a fridge ad-don, which cools coolant cells quickly, but cheaper than a nuclear reactor would.

• Official Post

Still possible to some degree...
    > Withdraw coolant cells from the reactor > Lead them into a "empty reactor" > send cooled cells back into the heater reactor.

Question is whether you can use redpower/BC to differentiate between heated and cold cells.

• Still possible to some degree...
    > Withdraw coolant cells from the reactor > Lead them into a "empty reactor" > send cooled cells back into the heater reactor.

Question is whether you can use redpower/BC to differentiate between heated and cold cells.

can be easily resolved using an timer/sequenser to pulse every x seconds you want the cells to be switched by cooled cells.

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.