Suggestion: Biome support

• More of a question than a suggestion really, but this seems like the best place for it. From what I understand of the changes in 1.2, the way that chunks are stored or somesuch will permit mod tools to effect biomes. If my understanding is roughly correct, then now that it is plausible for something like the terraformer or a new device to alter biomes, are the designers of IC2 willing to implement such a thing in a future release?

• More of a question than a suggestion really, but this seems like the best place for it. From what I understand of the changes in 1.2, the way that chunks are stored or somesuch will permit mod tools to effect biomes. If my understanding is roughly correct, then now that it is plausible for something like the terraformer or a new device to alter biomes, are the designers of IC2 willing to implement such a thing in a future release?

to my knowledge Biome are generated as the normally would be an a Terraformer does not actually alter that boime coding wise, it merely changes blocks in a designated area. this does not actually cause a biome to change. so if you took a Cultivation Terraformer out into the desert to grow an Oasis, your still in a Desert coded Biome, and therefore it will not rain. or if you take a Deserification Terraformer to a snowy biome and changed it into a desert it would still snow in your fabricated desert.

so it doesn;t alter a biome, it only alters the blocks as though you were personally moving them around yourself.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• In newest 1.2 version biome stored in save and can be changed.
    New format also means we will wait longer for mods updates :(

• In newest 1.2 version biome stored in save and can be changed.
    New format also means we will wait longer for mods updates :(

so i could go in and change my Grassland Biomes to Mushroom Biomes and only Mooshrooms would spawn there?

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• so i could go in and change my Grassland Biomes to Mushroom Biomes and only Mooshrooms would spawn there?

Basically. If I understand what Jeb has said about the save changes.

• interesting. that might make finding a mushroom boime not insane hard and actually possible on some seeds :p could also technically turn rain off by letting the world generate and then turning all boimes to desert :p

• interesting. that might make finding a mushroom boime not insane hard and actually possible on some seeds :p could also technically turn rain off by letting the world generate and then turning all boimes to desert :p

That was my interpretation as well. My thought if the mods are willing to do this was to have some of the terraformer blueprints generate the appropriate biome within the area of their influence after it has been running for a while (I my guess after the average time for 50% or 75% conversion), there's no reason these biome changes need to be beneficial though. If the irrigation tbp was left on for too long, it could begin to have a chance to convert the area in swampland, or something similar.

• I have to say while I agree that it would be cool to have a biome changing as an added function to the Teraformer, I feel it might cause certain problems. For instance say someone decided to run two conflicting Teraformers next two each other. Another point is that Teraformer Blue Print system would have to be overhauled. For one thing among the TFBP's that have been created, most of the biomes are not repesented (i.e. swampLand, grasslands). Also many of the TFBPs that do exist do not correspond with a specific biome( i.e. the Cultivator, Flatifier).