[Suggestion] Rare drop maceration

• Will we be able to macerate all those "Rare drop" junk from mobs?
    All iron tools should be maceratable to different quantity of iron dust for example.
    And I got two golden helmets! I cannot wear two! :) Allow me to macerate it to some gold lust.
    Quantity of dust should be dependent of metal ingot number in item's recipe and item durability.

• Nice one.

Macerator can analyze construction recipe of misc items, which he got no own processing rule. Count metal blocks there, and randomly output 0-60% of it, in depence of item damage degree.
    Does zombies drop diamond tools to? May be macerator will can output diamonds to? Since gems are realy durable, and he cannot grind em.
    My enchant tables often got me strange results, so i want to macerate own created items to. This is one more upvote for diamonds.

• Official Post

Good Idea, need that for recycling my golden helmets from Scrapboxing, recycling found Ironarmors/tools in Strongholds/Mineshafts and in 1.2 for the rare drops. Because of the percentage of every item, i think Alblaka will simply block these used items (easier to code), but if not you could get small piles of Irondust instead of full Irondust for more precision by Macerating (maybe he will add small pile of Golddust).

But you would get only 50-66% of the stuff back!

Here a list of all the maybe added new macerateables:

Ironarmor
    Goldarmor
    Bronzearmor
    Irontools/weapons
    Goldstools/weapons
    Bronzetools/weapons
    Woodtools/weapons*
    Minecarts
    Buckets**
    Irondoors
    Wooddoors/Trapdoors*

* = if wooddust will added
    ** = if the Tinbucketrecipe will be removed

All in all a good Idea everyone could need.