[Addon 1.71] Scaffolds Shift-stop

• Description: Here is a little mod, which will allow u to use ladders-like Shift-stop behavior with scaffolds too.
    It works strongly in client side. It means that u can freely use this on any SMP server too.
    Actualy, this is not the completely same behavior. If u hold same time Shift and Forward on vanilla ladder - u will continue move up. At modded scaffold with holded Shift u will freely(but slow) move only in horizontal directions. In my experience it was better, since scaffold constructions which i use always big not only at height, but at length too.

Instalation: open ic2.jar file in any archive manager and paste there content of a zip file from attachment.
    Actualy this process is just a replace of vanilla ic2/common/BlockScaffold.class with modded one.

Confirmed support: IC2 1.71 IC2 1.81
    And any next version, until scaffolds behavior will be changed any way, which i do not expect soon.

• Must be implemented in vanilla? 40

1. Yes. (22) 55%
    2. Yes, as configurable option. (13) 33%
    3. No, this cheat ruin Industrial Craft. (5) 13%
    4. Not needed. (0) 0%

Not often needed, but lack of this feature was very annoying for me, cause i were made to use it just like dirt tower or build/remove a small ledge under legs each time. In bug-report for it Albalaka said that it was done consciously, as a way to balance scaffold<=>ladder relations and locked thread fast. I didnt can find any one shift-stop related usecase where scaffolds can be concurrent with ladders, cause if i need a ragged vertical movement i better will use a scaffold with builting ledge, or use it like towers, or if i have no scaffolds - just use a dirt towers instead, not ladders at all. And here i gone in search of disassembler.

• YES! Add to the awesome power of the Scaffolds! Let no one dare to stand against them!

If scaffolds become to good, they could be a complete replacement for ladders..

Also you should make it so a server has to allow sneaking on ladders to stop one's self

20kb for a signature? who has pictures that small??

• If scaffolds become to good, they could be a complete replacement for ladders..

Just bring at least one usecase for scaffold will be all side better replacement than ladder.
    Dont forget that scaffolds looks realy bad in compare to ladders for their ladder purpose.
    They have a half block climbing collision box, which will ends in unexpected fallings.
    Climbing it much slower than ladders.
    So scaffolds = cheap and handy dirt tower replacement and special decoration unit. Ladders = ladders. I see no place for shift-stop so called "balancing" here.

Oh, stop. Now i got it. Albalaka and u just trolling me.

• Just bring at least one usecase for scaffold will be all side better replacement than ladder.
    Dont forget that scaffolds looks realy bad in compare to ladders for their ladder purpose.
    They have a half block climbing collision box, which will ends in unexpected fallings.
    Climbing it much slower than ladders.
    So scaffolds = cheap and handy dirt tower replacement and special decoration unit. Ladders = ladders. I see no place for shift-stop so called "balancing" here.

Oh, stop. Now i got it. Albalaka and u just trolling me.

I think scaffolods look really good.. especially comprared to ladders and unexpected falling?.. since when do you climb down a ladder.. you usually have a water drop right beside it... and if you don't, you can usally fall down a nice shaft, and shift onto the ladder to come to a complete stop.. OH LOOK, a mod that allows this behavoir!!!

Climbing is much slow than ladders? climbing ladders is painfully slow.... i don't think anyone would notice..

so scaffolds = cheap, handy, ladder and dirt tower replacement, and a beutiful decoration unit. Ladders = crap compared to this.

Also you should make it so a server has to allow sneaking on scaffolds to stop one's self

20kb for a signature? who has pictures that small??

• Why would anyone vote "No, this cheat ruin Industrial Craft.", balancing with ladders?... You got to be kidding me. The main difference is that ladders are virtually insolid while scaffolding is a whole block.