I was wondering...

• Hello, i've been playing minecraft since beta, and have just figured out how to get mods working correctly. I'm currently using buildcraft for minecraft version 1.1 and i was wondering if i could combine industrial craft with it?

Please give me fair warning if you intend to pelt me with rotten fruit :D

• Yes you can run them together and many (most?) do that.
    You might want to get BC/IC Crossover Mod too to get converters between IC and BC power networks.

• Start slow... No need to add all the addons.

Start with the base mods then add the addons down the road once you get more comfortable. Going from 0 to 40 mods is an easy way to get yourself in trouble.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

• I can't even get iC to work at the moment, buildcraft loads just fine though.

If you're running a windows os, try the installer in this section. It installs all the base mods for you as well as IC2. You can then just copy the BC files to your mods folder. Check the threads on this forum to make sure what version of BC will run fine with the current version of IC.

If you're confident you have the correct base mods installed, then I suggest getting errortest.bat (from optifine on mcf from memory) so you can post the error log, otherwise it will be pretty hard to help you.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt

• In my experience, Industrialcraft and buildcraft work together just fine, but adding Redpower (machine) created so many block id conflicts its not even funny. (I know redpower has an id auto-assign feature, it wasn't working for me; I believe the problem is that redpower was loading before my other mods somehow, so there weren't any block id conflicts to resolve when redpower loaded).

@kodemunkey
    -- I can't say that's ever happened to me before. Maybe you installed the prerequisite mods (Risugami's modloader, MC Forge, and modloader MP) in the wrong order?

• BC won't run if modloader or modloadermp are the wrong version. The only thing I can think of that may cause this is a version of forge that's compatible with BC but not IC2.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt

• In my experience, Industrialcraft and buildcraft work together just fine, but adding Redpower (machine) created so many block id conflicts its not even funny. (I know redpower has an id auto-assign feature, it wasn't working for me; I believe the problem is that redpower was loading before my other mods somehow, so there weren't any block id conflicts to resolve when redpower loaded).

@kodemunkey
    -- I can't say that's ever happened to me before. Maybe you installed the prerequisite mods (Risugami's modloader, MC Forge, and modloader MP) in the wrong order?

I installed ic2, redpower 2, buildcraft and railcraft countless of times it always worked. Dunno if windows 7 is the reason for this but you most likely did something wrong during the instalation.