[Suggestion] Pump Behaviour update

• Maybe this is mostly a pipe dream, but i would really like to see a pump that works indepently from a miner, and in a less "Magic" way than buildcraft pump.

The behaviour would be similar to the miner, but instead of just digging straight down, it will actively look for any liquid around the piping, when it absorbs a liquid it will replace the water source block with a drill head (I think thats how its called) and when the drill head moves to another block it will replace the block with a mining pipe (That way it will prevent water from duplicating itself). The range would be of 7x7 (Y coordinates would be until there is no more pipes left). Of course uses Mining pipes to work, and a Electric Treetap too (Similar to the insert Mining drill to start, and remove the drill to start packing the pipes).

It has space for 2-3 stacks of mining pipes and 2-3 stacks of Cells (2-3 spaces for empty cells,2-3 spaces for Liquid cells. Cant place any cells in the space designated for the liquid cells) . Compatibility with Buildcraft tanks and waterproof pipes could be added in two ways:

1- The pump can send the liquid through a water pipe or nearby tank instead of making a cell.

2- The pump can receive liquids through a water pipe to make cells from it.

Annnnnnnnnnd i dont know what else to add, i guess modules upgrades for making it work more fast or something.

• i support this, its an nice addition to the existing miner.

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• i see both benefits and issues with this.

you said it would be able to make it so that when it adsorbs liquids it would prevent then from going back to that slot, primarily to keep water from replicating. well what about people who set up Ice Block and Snow Ball Factories for use in reactors? this would completely break their regenerating water sources. this i see being a pretty big issue.

however in regards to lava, this would be one of the best things ever since lava has a bad tendancy of not wanting to go away when you remove a source and will create huge pools of free flowing lava that cannot be harvested. so your idea would be wonderful for the lava in the nether for example if i wanted to get rid of all that damn lava so i stop falling into it. i wouldn;t mind lava neaarly as much if i could swim in it at the same speed as water but nope.

so maybe have the pumps operate in this fashion and place pipes when attached to a miner but not place any pipes if used individually?

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• I always found Water replicating in minecraft to be stupid, so i dont find any issue with it.

Besides there are Ice golems casuc out there too.

• I always found Water replicating in minecraft to be stupid, so i dont find any issue with it.

Besides there are Ice golems casuc out there too.

actually! you just gave me a brilliant idea with a Snow Golem and BC Pipes, if this works i can make about 2,000 ice blocks a minute. and if it does work then i'll let ya'll know for future needs. also i think i'll start doing that method anyway just to save the EUs from the pump and first compressor.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG