Suggestion: ZPM

• Anyway i think we all agree on the fact that endgame energy generation shouldnt come from windgens, solars or watermills. They are simply too lowtech and not meant to be used for energy to matter conversion :). I never saw a sci fi where huge spaceships got their energy from solar panels. Problem is that for huge power generation without much maintenance only stuff like solars and windgens apply. There have to be better alternatives.

• that would be a funny site, but agreed, we just need to find a way to entice players to learn and use the higher forms of energy generation. cause i know there are people out there with like 2-3 stacks of uranium ore but are still using solar panels because they are "easier, safe, effective, and maintenance free". i know because long ago i used to be one of those people until i got an ice-fed Reactor outputing 1,900EU/t

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

I never saw a sci fi where huge spaceships got their energy from solar panels

Stargate Universe (They are using the Solarplasma directly on the Destiny)
    Starwars Episode II (Count Dookus ship, but that was small)
    Space-Empires (Computergame with usefull Solarpanels as Spaceshipcomponent)

Enough? (to confirm you ;) )

Yes i know, most of these are not really Solarpanels, but it was Solarenergy. :P

• Ye but that was most of the time done on a totaly different level than current ic2 panels. Current ic2 panels are just like todays solarpanels (through i heard somewhere they upped the energy gain from solar panels dramatically recently). That or they just got a small part of their energy from it. Its just wrong when you see energy to matter conversion powered by solar panels....

• Ye but that was most of the time done on a totaly different level than current ic2 panels. Current ic2 panels are just like todays solarpanels (through i heard somewhere they upped the energy gain from solar panels dramatically recently). That or they just got a small part of their energy from it. Its just wrong when you see energy to matter conversion powered by solar panels....

indeed, they did recently make solar power significantly more effective in real life and uses basically the same technology as an ink-jet printer. so large solar panels for home and commercial use are now very much possible at a reasonable cost. althought i must agree, almost no amount of solar energy would normally be able to create raw materials, specially something equal to a 400lbs block of gold. unless MAYBE your extracting chunks of the sun itself :p could you imagine a Geothermal Generator Space Station on/in the sun? :p

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• the quantum reactor? serious?

that sounds like an plan... i like the way this topic is going guys. ceep throwing in these idea's and maybe al himself might agree with all this :D

talking bout al, where is he? XD

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• The Quantumreactor was already suggested by me and needs Quantumcrystals to start running.

that is a very different idea / concept though, the Quantum Reactor most people think of uses Fission Energy and basically works like a contained nuclear bomb burned off by lasers if i remember right (half asleep, sorry if incorrect) not a "magical cystal" found randomly in the ground that was sent by Apolo to grant the cabapabilites of 32 solar panels in a contained state underground :p

• Official Post

that is a very different idea / concept though, the Quantum Reactor most people think of uses Fission Energy and basically works like a contained nuclear bomb burned off by lasers if i remember right (half asleep, sorry if incorrect) not a "magical cystal" found randomly in the ground that was sent by Apolo to grant the cabapabilites of 32 solar panels in a contained state underground :p

Woo Sci-Fi vs. Reality, Reality wins again.

Didn't knew that there is a real concept that is called Quantumreactor.
    I would have never named my suggestion like this, if i knew that.

I'm actually using manned Water with Redpower to get the energy for my basic Machines underground.

• yeah, yup, i did like the idea of that form of generation though, just needed alittle bit of re-work. and i've been trying to find a decent way of underground power generation other then a nuclear reactor but i think that a nulcear reactor is just to convinient if you have the uranium already.