[Suggestion] Texturing CF cables

• Cables are TileEntitys.
    TileEntitys > a good dozen times larger then simple blocks (storage and RAM-wise), but can store infinite values (accordingly even further increasing the usage).

Using TEs for cables and machines (="rare blocks") works.
    Using TEs for building ("mass blocks") is an extremely unperformant idea.

Oh, i forgot that.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Hmmm... CF Foam memorizes it's color based on metadata. Metadata is full with the 16 colors.
    Earlier i would have said no, but with the extended block IDs, i could spare another ID to provide another set of 16 possible textures.

So that means 16 selected textures?

• So that means 16 selected textures?

Yes, 16 new textures for it.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Yes, 16 new textures for it.

so let's see, Dirt, Sand, Sandstone, Cobblestone, Mossy cobblestone, Stone, Stone bricks, Wool, Obsidian, Netherrock, Netherrack, Soulsand, Cracked Stone Bricks, Planks, Oak Logs, Birch Logs?

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Wool? What color? Seems unacceptable.

well i would say plain white, but we can drop wool and use another type of wood log or end stone, or metal blocks like iron block and gold block.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG