My Progress

• Yea I know there are a bunch of posts here already but I'm gonna be a bit more... Precise with my data lol. I wanted to get a little bit of a good standing in my server before I started posting about my results so far and future results. Hope no one minds me ranting randomly about my own results which likely will suck but its part of trial and error right? On to my cropxperimentational data... Wow that's a mouthful X3.

Currently I have two areas, Crop Crossbreeding Seed Strengthening area Mk1 and Breeder Mk1. The setup of which Is basically
    :Electrolyzed Water Cell: :Electrolyzed Water Cell: :Bio Cell: :Electrolyzed Water Cell: :Electrolyzed Water Cell: For Strengthening
    :Electrolyzed Water Cell: :Compressed Plantball: :Advanced Machine: :Compressed Plantball: :Coolant Cell:
    :Bio Cell: :Compressed Plantball: :Advanced Machine: :Compressed Plantball: :Bio Cell:
    :Coolant Cell: :Compressed Plantball: :Advanced Machine: :Compressed Plantball: :Coolant Cell:
    :Coolant Cell: :Coolant Cell: :Bio Cell: :Coolant Cell: :Coolant Cell:

== :Compressed Plantball: For Crossbreeding
    :Compressed Plantball: :Advanced Machine: :Compressed Plantball:
    == :Compressed Plantball:

:Coolant Cell: =Water :Bio Cell: =Grass :Compressed Plantball: =Plant :Advanced Machine: =CrossCrops

Now then after a good amount of experimentation I have come from Reeds and Wheat to Reeds Wheat Pumpkins and StickyReeds. I know I can use flowers but I haven't had many Roses and Dandelions in my area so they are currently in the midst of being bred to be placed eventually in the strengthening area where I take the strongest I find over to the crossbreeding area in an attempt to possibly get Melons at least to try and get more interesting things. Now on to my current things.

In the Reed area I have six line up in two rows to cross breed them into stronger reeds and sometimes other things. Their current stats are,
    [3,1,3] [ ] [1,4,1]
    [3,3,3] [ ] [3,0,2]
    [3,0,2] [ ] [3,0,2]
    Next up I have Wheat in the same pattern,
    [0,2,2] [ ] [2,3,1]
    [0,3,0] [ ] [3,0,2]
    [2,2,1] [ ] [3,1,0]
    Pumpkins,
    [4,3,2] [ ] [4,4,0]
    [2,2,3] [ ] [3,2,1]
    [3,1,2] [ ] [6,7,2]
    StickyReeds
    [5,6,4] [ ] [1,5,5]
    [1,5,2] [ ] [3,3,5]
    [3,5,2] [ ] [5,7,1]
    And finally my Breeder which needs new plants in it currently is Reed [3,2,3] Wheat [2,1,1] Pumpkin [3,2,5] and StickyReed [1,2,3] in the following configuration.
    =====[3,2,3]
    [1,2,3] [ ] [2,1,1]
    =====[3,2,5]

[!,@,#] ! = Gr @ = Ga # = Res

Now then from my results it took me 4 generations of Wheat and Reeds to make Sticky Reeds, 1 generation of Sticky Reeds to make Pumpkins. Generations are based on how many times I have checked the cross crop for new growth. After setting up the Breeder Mk1 it took 1 generation to get roses from Pumpkins, Reeds, S.R., and Wheat. Breeder Mk1 is currently on generation 3 the last 2 generations being weeds.

I'd like to treat this as basically a real scientific study. You could consider my crop strengthening area to be my Control Groups and the Breeder Mk1 to be my Test Group. I have yet to add Hydration and Fertilization to the mix as these are radicals that I'd like to have either 3 more Breeders, with the same setup so that I can get accurate results when adding nothing to one fertilizer to another hydration to the third and both to the fourth, or a more accurate way to measure hydration and fertilization on more than just "1 fert here with 1 hydrate".

If any other cropxpermintal scientists would like to share results that are detailed I believe it would benefit the entire cropxperimental scientific board. By detailed I mean stats of your plants, the types, generations, and anything else you find relevant to the future of cropxperimentation.

• I am impressed. I would expect most to stop at "here are some pics speak up if you want details"

its seems the holy-grail every one is after at the moment is redwheat a crop that drops red stone no one has seemed to breed it yet all we know is it has a light level requirement(ie not 15). I haven't succeeded yet but i suspect its a cross of roses and wheat(no source code just hand wavy logic).

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• After reading multiple peoples research on other plants, Ferru to be exact, I believe that it's going to take something a bit more creative to get RedWheat. Seeing as how Ferru grows to a certain stage unless it has iron then it blooms I'm thinking the possibility of throwing some redstone ore, using silk touch pickaxe if possible, underneath the crossbreeding area and trying to breed wheat with roses or possible Ferru due to Ferru having the same properties as what RedWheat has. That's my opinion I have yet to breed up to anything past pumpkins and stickyreeds and delves into the underground have come up with naught in the cocoa/melon department but I'm persevering hoping either to find a chest with them in it or possibly crossbreed at least melons from pumpkins and who knows what. Going back to my garden now I seem to have gotten new growth and I'm still calculating results and breeding stronger plants.

Edit: Current status of new Breeding area awaiting more wheat seeds while keeping tabs on first test subject.
    [1,3,2] [ ] [2,0,0]

Underneath crossbreeds is redstone ore, redstone torch and redstone cataloging results from here on.

• the devs also said redwheat could be breed with out any equipment under the right condition's(i'm going to guess conditions that are good for all plants(naturally fertile and moist biomes at high altitude with dumb luck)) so putting it at a equal or higher tier to ferru is unlikely (couldn't hurt to try but i have my doubts). also the devs usually don't make us rely on magic (this is a tech mod the two should be separate) so I don't think redwheat will need redstone ore (but if you find a stubborn wheat plot with a slight pink tint(not saying that's what it looks like) it again couldn't hurt to try)

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• First attempts at making it aren't going well lack of light means nothing wants to grow and the wooden bunker I created while dark is to dark to get anything to grow so I'm gonna test a few different things when I get on later. The not having magic seems a bit odd considering the plant gives redstone but currently I have all my plants at 63 so within the next day or so I'll work on making a garden ontop of either my home or the nearby RedPower tree.

• -Connection Reestablished-...
    Alright I'm back... it seems we had a meltdown in an underground facility that caused... well lots of damage and two fatalities... The bodies haven't been found we assume them to be incinerated. On the bright side we received a shipment of fertilizer soon after so we can look into multiple different setups for the new Mk2 breeding and crossbreeding area. Due to the possibility of future explosions occurring we have move the grounds to the top of a large rubber tree in hopes of preventing further crop loss and damage from combustion and possible nuclear meltdown. Power supplies are currently being looked into for recharging of crystals for cropnalysis. Current elevation is 84 old elevation 63 current hydration and water levels in the area is minimal. We shall run some tests to see the affects of this on the plants before making experimental groups and testing them with hydration, fertilzation, and lastly both.

• what kind of reactor was that? was it on a chuck border?

high altitude makes wind power viable the higher you are the closer you can clump them together so that their effective height is 80(maximum height before thunder storms can break them)

• It was about 24 combustion engines running under a nearby lake that I was using as a place for infinite water now its a large crater the only thing that survived in the area around the lake are the pumps though the torches hooked up to the engines beside them weren't as lucky a good amount of golden piping was also lost but that is easier to replace than the engines and biogas. Currently the other scientists are working on either replacing the engines or making a new system that isn't as... combustable. As for the chunk border no but the last person to log off forgot to turn off the engines so they ran till they ran out of water which caused a very bad chain reaction. Luckily we only have a couple "needed" machines so they're running off electric engines currently since someone took the time to build a back up power plant elsewhere that uses IC2 power and Forestry engines it's slow but it works till we get things back up where engines are concerned. I however have set up some compact solar panels and a tree house inside of a RedPower rubber tree and created a giant area above the tree to test what is left of my plants after the explosion.

• Recently I've spent 4-5 MC days building up a new breeding area... It basically has one area of dirt then an area of water on top followed by another layer of dirt over the water to make a dirt and water sandwich 23x23. Current problem is the irrigation water doesn't seem to want to irrigate. Suggestions?

• put some dirt in the water layer and it might wick the water to the dirt layer

• -Connection Established-
    This just in from my sector we have crossbred Roses and Sticky Reeds to create Watermelons. Further analysis is in progress will keep posted on developments of this. Also the stats of each item
    Rose 1 : 3,2,3
    Rose 2 : 0,2,0
    SReed : 5,5,0
    Patterned out in,
    R [ ] R
    ==S

• I've personally gotten RedWheat so far, it takes an extremely long time to mature, which is the easiest way to distinguish it from normal wheat. Not sure if it has any special conditions for breeding at all, mine seemed quite random, although it may need low light considering mine happened at night time. (But I do have torches in the area, so I could be wrong)

Either way, I can confirm it doesn't need anything under it to grow, it just needs a very long time to reach final stage. If you have a wheat plant sitting there taking 2-3 days and still not grown, it may be redwheat. (I guessed mine was redwheat long before it hit final stage)

• what did you cross to get it?

• Now then after a good amount of experimentation I have come from Reeds and Wheat to Reeds Wheat Pumpkins and StickyReeds. I know I can use flowers but I haven't had many Roses and Dandelions in my area so they are currently in the midst of being bred to be placed eventually in the strengthening area where I take the strongest I find over to the crossbreeding area in an attempt to possibly get Melons at least to try and get more interesting things. Now on to my current things.

Same was for me but i just wasn't interested in that but when i got blackthorn and after few days that cyan flower only from wheat i got interested in that more :D i never would thought that i will get that cyan thingy from crossbreeding wheats :D

EDIT:btw i would like to join in server and breed some stuff :D but i guess its private and legal. i have bought the game, but not from minecraft.net and after 1.9 came out all other premium accounts that were bought not from minecraft.net were nuked. i bought gift code from one site a little cheaper and in my country cash (1euro=3.56LT and that alot money to pay for normal premium mc acc) to prove that i was premium user i still have skin :D and that why im cool when im playing in cracked servers :D

BTW if server has red power then its really easy to make power plant that generated alot of EU, is cheap to make and never deals with meltdowns and stuff like that. but that would be only for EU (eu-Energy Unit?) gathering, not for MJ (MJ-Mega Joule) (buildcraft\forestry energy).

• I've personally gotten RedWheat so far, it takes an extremely long time to mature, which is the easiest way to distinguish it from normal wheat. Not sure if it has any special conditions for breeding at all, mine seemed quite random, although it may need low light considering mine happened at night time. (But I do have torches in the area, so I could be wrong)

Either way, I can confirm it doesn't need anything under it to grow, it just needs a very long time to reach final stage. If you have a wheat plant sitting there taking 2-3 days and still not grown, it may be redwheat. (I guessed mine was redwheat long before it hit final stage)

so your saying that you need to crossbreed wheats and stuff like that and expect to get that? i thought that its only plant wheat and hold in not well lighted room. :D

• Well like I said mine was random, I got it with stickreeds and melons crossing, I believe. The low light seems to make sense though, I may have to make a low-light crossing room to test it out.I haven't been playing much since I started working on AgriculturePlus, I badly want those herbicides working for crossing, I've lost too many things(including 1 of the redwheat I was able to cross out of the original) to weeds :/

• Recent spelunking in nearby caverns has rewarded us with Cocoa beans crossbreeding has immediately started with a nearby sticky read to attempt to make stronger plants as sticky reed is our strongest and fastest plant. Current projections look promising for this plant as we plan to cross breed it and melons thoroughly as we seem to have run out of ideas with the rest.
    On a side note I'm hoping this speeds up the process of growth... I want cookies :3

• Well like I said mine was random, I got it with stickreeds and melons crossing, I believe. The low light seems to make sense though, I may have to make a low-light crossing room to test it out.I haven't been playing much since I started working on AgriculturePlus, I badly want those herbicides working for crossing, I've lost too many things(including 1 of the redwheat I was able to cross out of the original) to weeds :/

weeds can be minimized with lower growth (weeds inherit their parents growth stat) and higher resistance(takes longer for weeds to overrun plants giving you time to catch it) if you want low maintenance plants. alblaka said himself that red wheat is picky about its light level.