SUGGESTION: Re-Opening the "Agriculture: Post CropIdeas here!"

• i'll like to recommend / suggest re-opening the Agriculture: Post CropIdeas here! thread and post at the top in bright neon green colors (something brighter and easier to read then red) "Read EVERYTHING before you post or get banned" i'm sure it was aggrivating seeming people posting 800 character long suggestions about a single plant and then kept getting side tracked, put a size limit for people, like tell them to keep each Segmient of their plant description under 80 characters. and assure everyone that the plants obviously already grow stuff like iron and redstone, (i noticed a couple of idiots suggesting those over an over). that thread was for specific attributes as alblaka had posted, like "-Attracts/Spawns Creepers nearby, Explodes if set ablaze". so for example something i would have posted would be.

Sticker Burrs -tier 3
    -diviation of grass
    -looks similar to tall grass with yellow spots
    -causes damage like cactus when stepped on
    -high trampling resistance

keep it simple like that, alblaka doesn't want to read a 3 page report on 4 different plants, he has better things to do with his time.

P.S. if your going to post, don;t be lazy, read EVERYONE else's posts that way there are not like 8 of the same thing with a different name.

if alblaka would like i'd be willing to operate a compendium of all the short, summerized, balanced, and unique ideas for him (you) to browse through so you don;t have to deal with the 50 pages of garbage that some lazy people post. it's not like i much anything better to do with my time at the moment :D

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

This is a list of all the good crops:
    I'm editing this "List" from time to time, because the second post is a very good productplacement.
    And i will take ONLY the good ones, not everyone!

Alblaka: Your comment-color is dark blue like normal, if you really want to comment here.

Trollweed (it's not Ferru)
    Suggested by: GregTech Intergalactical (My evil Company)
    Abilities:
    -tier 2 (early "available")
    -can be bred with every Cropcombination and appears randomly
    -looks identical to a random other Plant, which is next to it (to let the user think it's a good plant)
    -drops nothing, not even seeds (trolling Trollweed)
    -very low trampling resistance (so you think you have trampled a good plant)
    -other trolling abilities, like making the sound of a random Mob (Creeperhissing for example) if you are nearby it.
    Description:
    This plant is just to confuse players, trollololol. It can't be used for griefing, because it drops no seeds.

Coffeebeanplant (thats obvious)
    Suggested by: Snoochy
    Abilities:
    -cocoabeanplant-tier
    -can be bred with two cocoaplants
    -looks like cocoa but a little bit darker.
    -drops coffeebeans
    Description:
    Usefull to make Coffee and colorizing things brown (there is a Forgehook for Colors like RP-Indigo)

Bright Rose (Brilliant Rose)
    Suggested by: Sebra
    Abilities:
    - tier quite high.
    - can be bred with flowers and resource-producing plants (not dye)
    - Flower, Diamond colored rose.
    - drops nothing until "harvested", low seeds quantity, quite low chance of diamond, need big Gain value to be useful
    - need direct sunlight to grow and not to die - vulnerable to rain (place glass above to protect for rain but theres no sun during rain!)
    Description:
    This plant is to look brilliantly good and give a fermer a brilliant hope.

Suntear (Glowstone)
    Suggested by: Sebra
    Abilities:
    - tier medium
    - bred by Red Wheat and Aurea (at least very close to them)
    - a rod with glowing tip (remember Xen)
    - when grown emits lightlevel 3 or 4.
    - will die under sunlight
    - also need Glowstone under farmland to full grow (Sorry it's not possible to hide the Glowstone, due to the transparency of Farmland)
    - drops Glowdust with small chance/quantity if lit only (be quick to harvest or get nothing)
    Description:
    This should look cool in caves. And glowdust farming is not easy.

Needed logical plants which are droping:
    These i would definetly add to my List if well described, but other ones are still possible.

[O] Netherwart (already agreed)
    [O] Mushrooms (Both)
    [O] Cactus
    [X] Diamond or Diamondpieces
    [X] Glowdust (not a whole Block)
    [O] Copper (with Oreblock underneath it)
    [O] Tin (with Oreblock underneath it)
    [O] Silverdust (maybe?, so vanilla IC² would include a nonore way for Silver)
    [X] Coffeeplant
    [X] Fakeplant (Trollweed)

You should remove your Post if it contains already Listed plants, or remove the properly overtaken Plants from your list if you really want to keep your position.

Post edited 15. March 2012 - 3:30 pm, Timezone +1

• Edited to be suggestion

Bright Rose (Brilliant Rose)
    Abilities:
    -tier quite high.
    -can be bred with flowers and resource-producing plants (not dye)
    - Flower, Diamond colored rose.
    - drops nothing until "harvested", low seeds quantity, quite low chance of diamond, need big Gain value to be useful
    - need direct sunlight to grow and not to die - vulnerable to rain (not saved by glass because of no sun in rain even in desert)
    Description:
    This plant is to look brilliantly good and give a farmer a brilliant hope.

Suntear
    Abilities:
    - tier medium
    - bred by Red Wheat and Aurea (at least very close to them)
    - a rod with glowing tip (remember Xen)
    - when grown gives light twice as mushroom if no player or mob nearby with a little latency
    - need low light level to grow, will die under sunlight
    - also need Glowstone under farmland to full grow (hide Glowstone well or plant will not grow. If Farmland is transparent let it be two meters deep)
    - drops Glowdust with small chance/quantity if lit only (be quick to harvest or get nothing)
    Description:
    This should look cool in caves. And glowdust farm is not easy.

• lol, i wasn't trying to make a new Plant Suggestion thread, i was trying to make a suggestion to re-open the current one and for people to actually follow the rules and guide-lines this time. we can help alblaka make this system into something even better then it's already magnificant state. Alblaka had locked the current/old crop idea thread because of too many people being lazy or complete idiots and not reading his OP on the matter and completely removed 80% of the postes people were putting, more then likely becuse they were a completely rediculous idea that took up an entire page for 1 plant that simply combined like 8 other peoples ideas and made 1 super plant for all uses. in such case i'm sure (and hope) that they got banned since Alblaka made that obviously clear at the top of his OP. if you want a general idea of what to do and what not to do to check out the Thread as it currently is, it looks like he left most of the proper formats but left a few of the bad and then locked the thread.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• lol, nah don;t worry about posting them here, once Alblaka reads this thread hopefully he'll reconsider and if he doesn't want to fool with the annoying/lazy folk then i'd be more then happy to do it for him and make a compedium for his more easily vieing pleasure, i'm on these forumns, seriously, about 7 hours a day because it's the only think i can do at work other then work and i brose them casually at home while i play other games so that i can reply to other's posts. atleast helping alblaka summerize and condense the ideas that he may feel of interest seems like a much better use of my time.