[suggestion] scrap from broken tools

• Name: scrap from broken tools

Description: so the idea is when your tool breaks there is a 1 in something chance of getting a piece of scrap this would make it possible to use ic2 in places like skyblock, superflat, or an unlucky desert island seed. with out cheating (it will still take a while to get any where so the first thing you should aim for is a steady supply of power and a recycler)

recipe:
    wooden tools= no chance
    stone, iron, bronze tools= 1 in 16 chance
    diamond, gold tools= 1 in 8 chance

EDIT: actual odds subject to change

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• final numbers are best left up to alblaka I chose low odds for the initial idea cause I didn't want people thinking it was a way around having to use a recycler

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• well if its not possible another idea is to have netherack and dirt rarely drop scrap like its buried treasure

• burn netherack for a chance it makes scrap (1 in 16)?

• i mean burn it in a furnace and i only suggested netherrack cause it could give a reason to go to the nether

EDIT: or craft the netherrack into netherrocks and right click to throw like eggs with a chance that a piece of scrap pops out

• i mean burn it in a furnace and i only suggested netherrack cause it could give a reason to go to the nether

EDIT: or craft the netherrack into netherrocks and right click to throw like eggs with a chance that a piece of scrap pops out

That idea seems more in line with the possible... Although IC2 dev team hates the nether as much as they hate enchantments, potions, and Whatever stupid magical thing team mojangs add next to the minecraft.

• i guess you could replace netherrack with dirt and dirt clod in all these suggestions its non-craftable short of scrapboxes and uum so it can't be abused like cobblestone

EDIT: assuming scrap drop on tool break is impossible that is