Suggestion: Cropnalyzer placement

• it would be nice to be able to place a Cropnalyzer and hook it up to the Enet system so that i don't have to constantly charge and carry around batteries when i go to harvest my 30 sets of crops.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

You know that you can use Energycrystals since all these stuff uses NBT-Tags instead of Damagevalue, or?

A Cropnalizerblock can not move so you have to place more then one of these Cropcomputers next to ALL your crossingpoints.

But it would increase Difficulty if it replaces (normal one offswitchable in config) the normal Cropnalizer and that's in my opinion an improvement, because: [quoting notch] "if i could beat it at all, it's too easy".[/quoting]

• You know that you can use Energycrystals since all these stuff uses NBT-Tags instead of Damagevalue, or?

A Cropnalizerblock can not move so you have to place more then one of these Cropcomputers next to ALL your crossingpoints.

But it would increase Difficulty if it replaces (normal one offswitchable in config) the normal Cropnalizer and that's in my opinion an improvement, because: [quoting notch] "if i could beat it at all, it's too easy".[/quoting]

at the moment you can;t put any batteries or crystals in it, atleast alot of people, including me, are having this problem/bug. but you wouldn;t have to put it next to all your crops, you would just put it on the ground nearby and bring your seedbags to it to be analyzed, just like they are now. except you would have to bother with batteries of any kind, it'll just use your Enet system energy when scanning each seedbag.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• I would like to see a cropanalyzer block that analyzes seeds whenever you right click it with an unknown seed, removing the need of a GUI and it would be much more practical.

yeah but then it would be spamming the hell out of your chat log, the GUI is fine in my opinion, but i'd like to be able to rename seedbags and not have to worry about carrying batteries and cyrstals everytime i want to work on my crops.

• at the moment you can;t put any batteries or crystals in it, atleast alot of people, including me, are having this problem/bug. but you wouldn;t have to put it next to all your crops, you would just put it on the ground nearby and bring your seedbags to it to be analyzed, just like they are now. except you would have to bother with batteries of any kind, it'll just use your Enet system energy when scanning each seedbag.

I'm currently experiencing this bug also. you wouldn't happen to know a way around it?

• Official Post

yeah but then it would be spamming the hell out of your chat log, the GUI is fine in my opinion, but i'd like to be able to rename seedbags and not have to worry about carrying batteries and cyrstals everytime i want to work on my crops.

Spam chatlog? you won't need to identify tons of seeds anyway, or add the info of the seed in its name:

Pumpkin Seed/Xn/Yn/Zn

X,Y,Z = seed properties (i don't remember the name of those three)
    n = level

• I'm currently experiencing this bug also. you wouldn't happen to know a way around it?

no yet sadly, i've tried every single possibility and it simply will not accept anything for power. RichardG and alblaka are aware of the issue but has not said anything in regards as to whether they is fixing it or not right this instant. i hope they are.

• Spam chatlog? you won't need to identify tons of seeds anyway, or add the info of the seed in its name:

Pumpkin Seed/Xn/Yn/Zn

X,Y,Z = seed properties (i don't remember the name of those three)
    n = level

if the Cropnalyzer added the values to the Seed Bag Name then that wouold be fine but as for "[i] won't need to identify tons of seeds anyways" i am currently cropp breeding 64 SETS of plants blindly seeing if i can get to a Tier 16 plant before the Cropnalyzer is fixed, i'm manually watching and personally analyzing these plants by Growth tiem and yield and writing them down on a huge sheet of graph paper i printed out at work :p if the Cropnalyzer could run on the Enet, i'd imagine this bug would be easier to fix or might not have happened at all.

• maybe solar panel upgrade for cropnalyzer? well it sounds nice but also sounds slow. it should have its own storage where it holds his solar energy. you would need to have it in your hand or hot bar for it to charge up... but when you think that solar panel gives 1eu/t and one full seed bag analyzint eats all battery... no logic...

• maybe solar panel upgrade for cropnalyzer? well it sounds nice but also sounds slow. it should have its own storage where it holds his solar energy. you would need to have it in your hand or hot bar for it to charge up... but when you think that solar panel gives 1eu/t and one full seed bag analyzint eats all battery... no logic...

why not just have it drain energy from a connected EU Storage Unit? like have an MSF slapped to the side of it for it's "battery"

• 1st problem in this sug. do we have wireless power transmiting in rl? :D signals, pulses, ya. but not electrisity as i know.
    sorry for sort of ruining your sug... i feel bad now..

• 1st problem in this sug. do we have wireless power transmiting in rl? :D signals, pulses, ya. but not electrisity as i know.
    sorry for sort of ruining your sug... i feel bad now..

well, well first off, actually we do have Wireless electricity, it was originally discovered by Nikola Tesla to light lamps in a field quite a long distance away and was proposed as a use for power compnaies as early as 1094 but was never implimented using the "World Wireless Sytem"

however, i never said anything about making this a wireless device :) i was talking about placing this thing just like every other Machine in IC2 and wiring it up, and they could either give it an internal storage device and make it energize like a Tesla Coil, or have it instantly drain power when it scans from a nearby MFS that it's connected to like a Teleporter does. :)

• well, well first off, actually we do have Wireless electricity, it was originally discovered by Nikola Tesla to light lamps in a field quite a long distance away and was proposed as a use for power compnaies as early as 1094 but was never implimented using the "World Wireless Sytem"

however, i never said anything about making this a wireless device :) i was talking about placing this thing just like every other Machine in IC2 and wiring it up, and they could either give it an internal storage device and make it energize like a Tesla Coil, or have it instantly drain power when it scans from a nearby MFS that it's connected to like a Teleporter does. :)

wow haven't knew that :D

oh now i understand. pritty fine idea but... no fun :DD i sort of like the way you have to charge something from time to time :D

• wow haven't knew that :D

oh now i understand. pritty fine idea but... no fun :DD i sort of like the way you have to charge something from time to time :D

i'm sure once the Cropnalyzer is actually fixed and i'm able to experiment with it and using Energy Crystals i wouldn't mind all that much but at the moment it's broke for 1.2.3 and that makes me pretty epically sad, i had been waiting to use this for months. now i'm just cross breeding while blind :p

would still be nice to not have to carry it around in my inventory though :)

• i'm sure once the Cropnalyzer is actually fixed and i'm able to experiment with it and using Energy Crystals i wouldn't mind all that much but at the moment it's broke for 1.2.3 and that makes me pretty epically sad, i had been waiting to use this for months. now i'm just cross breeding while blind :p

would still be nice to not have to carry it around in my inventory though :)

well ya. your right. they should do something like this. im trying to think off some more ideas for this but i just cant... still trying :D

• Official Post

All this makes me thinking of a Cropnalizeraddon for Computercraft. Just put it next to the Computer, add E-wiring for energy and insert a Disk to save the Data of ALL the Seedbags onto, to list all the Crops you have produced, like in real science. Oh, and it would scan the Seedbag like a normal Cropnalizer.

Edit: Dont misunderstand it, theres no known Cropnalizeraddon for CC but it would be a cool Addon.

• All this makes me thinking of a Cropnalizeraddon for Computercraft. Just put it next to the Computer, add E-wiring for energy and insert a Disk to save the Data of ALL the Seedbags onto, to list all the Crops you have produced, like in real science. Oh, and it would scan the Seedbag like a normal Cropnalizer.

interesting, i might look into it once i get everything on my server server back to the capacity it used to be between all the energy storage, Mass Fabs, Reactors, ect.