Bug: [Crash with move forward on right mouse button]

• I've been trying to sort why MC has been crashing for the last 3 days w/ my favorite mods after not having played in some months, then had it in 5 after finding the 'errortest.bat' link in SDK's post.

Turns out, IC2 hates my key config. Binding right mouse button to move forward makes the house fall down. This happens the instant I load a world, or the instant I change my key config to this after having loaded a world. If it's any explaination, I've never kicked the RMB/ZXC that I learned back in Doom for WASD.

FWIW, options.txt contains: key_key.forward:-99

Probably not high on your bug priority list, but it'd sure please me to have it fixed. Also, my first post in the forums, and many :Industrial Diamond:'s for a great mod.

• I'm having this same problem. It seems that you can't bind any of the mouse buttons to forward moving but you can bind them elsewhere.

So there's no workaround here?

• Playing with one hand... interesting...

But all the only thing I hear when you say that (besides the dirty one) is that your hand will get really sore pressing down multiple buttons for long periods of time. It's a lot of strain on your hand as it is.

• Playing with one hand... interesting...

But all the only thing I hear when you say that (besides the dirty one) is that your hand will get really sore pressing down multiple buttons for long periods of time. It's a lot of strain on your hand as it is.

Holding down the mouse button to run forward isn't going to cause anymore strain then holding down the 'W' key to move forward.

• Holding down the mouse button to run forward isn't going to cause anymore strain then holding down the 'W' key to move forward.

Actually, it is. Mouse buttons exert a stronger force when held down, but (almost all) keyboards actually take less pressure to keep held down when they are fully depressed. Mechanical keys, for instance, have a pressure threshold that, once reached, activates the key and the mechanism drops most of the pressure. Not to mention that you can press a key with any finger and still be comfortable, but if you try to use a different finger on your mouse, it is likely to be uncomfortable, especially when you have to move the mouse around. I guess if you have a special mouse it may work better, but all the mice I've used have fairly high pressure to click (compared to keys). I'm just arguing my point based on what I've observed.

I think everyone should have freedom to set their keybinds to whatever they like, but I am just making a side point about ergonomics.

• Oh man, my keyboard requires probably twice the pressure as my mouse. Wonder if I could rig up a tiny force gauge to actually test that number.. Hmm, might a nerd project for when i get board.

• Actually, it is. Mouse buttons exert a stronger force when held down, but (almost all) keyboards actually take less pressure to keep held down when they are fully depressed. Mechanical keys, for instance, have a pressure threshold that, once reached, activates the key and the mechanism drops most of the pressure. Not to mention that you can press a key with any finger and still be comfortable, but if you try to use a different finger on your mouse, it is likely to be uncomfortable, especially when you have to move the mouse around. I guess if you have a special mouse it may work better, but all the mice I've used have fairly high pressure to click (compared to keys). I'm just arguing my point based on what I've observed.

I think everyone should have freedom to set their keybinds to whatever they like, but I am just making a side point about ergonomics.

At least my middle finger on left hand gets more worn when moving forwards from W than the middle finger on the right hand pressing mouse 2. But I've got years of experience of using my right middle finger. That's actually the finger I usually show to people when I need to correct their behavior.

• Anyone come up with a work around for this yet? had a few people on my server asking about this recently.
    Must have a lot of old guys :D

Cheers

• Alright, I decided to finally take on this bug. On the next release, you'll be able to use your quantum leggings just fine with the forward key mapped to a mouse button. This also applies to the alt, mode and boost keys by the way.