[Suggestion] Warp Drive

• Name:Warp drive

Description: a warp drive is a crazy high tech massfab/teleporter/terraformer or beyond level device that would allow you to take a large structure and move it somewhere else reliably (well get some where in one piece reliable not end up where you were aiming reliable i will explain later on) the warp drive takes the form of a machine which will affect all blocks that reside in the chuck that it is in up to a certain distance above and below it when one wants to move their structure they simply feed the warp drive a sufficient amount of power dial in the xyz coordinates they want in the gui and engage (yes you have to say it like picard :D ) the warp drive will then make you and your structure disappear and then reappear as close as it could to the target coordinates with out griefing any one, or colliding with another warping structure, and lined up with the chunk borders (this will likely render your base floating in midair remember to bring a jet pack(lining up with chunks is to prevent nuclear accidents)) and automatically update any affected spawn points and teleport pads. power consumption would be based on the number of block moved and how far(calculating power for the number of items mobs and players in a base would be crazy) the warp drive will refuse to function if the is a nether portal or end portal present.

recipe: expensive

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• I understood jack shit from your idea (And also find the idea of Instantly transport the ENTIRE structure itself stupid).

Instead, make it like a reverse BuildCraft Builder, you mark the area you want to move and place the Warp Drive somewhere near the markers, Then you use a Freq Transmitter to copy the freq of Warp Drive ONE, Then you place a Second WarpDrive somewhere else and use the freq you marked the first one to mark this other one, once you do the Second Warpdrive will show the area it will use to transport the building, after that you just need to power BOTH warp drives and the Transportation process will begin Block by Block.

Of course chest and working machines will possibly drop anything they have inside and stop their working, and i wont mention what would happen to MFSU and similar with some energy within.

Energy cost will most likely be determined by Distance only, Placing energy values to each block its a pain in the ass, even more so when you start adding other mods blocks.

• after that you just need to power BOTH warp drives and the Transportation process will begin Block by Block.

Technically, the two blocks would be linked. I could understand needing a Lapatron in the 'Destination' one to kick start it, but once the two blocks are linked it should allow EU to transfer through it just like the blocks can.

And the EU cost to instantly teleport an entire building would drain even the most insane and large Multiplayer server's EU storage- if they even had enough.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• hey guys if your thinking about the 2 warpdrive idea thing its not what the suggestor intended he wanted it to be like a starship from startrek goin into warp and then coming out of warp at a diffrent location (instead of a starship it would be a specified area that you choose to transport) so yeah.

• ok I probably over thought that to the point that the english language was inarticulate to express the idea

the simple idea is as rick put it a block teleporter. the other details are of little consequence

how is a pair of builders simpler than disappearing and then reappearing at a different location? if world edit and the like can can copy and paste an entire structure why shouldn't an ic2 machine be able to do the same?

this is more about being able to fly you block built creation long distances than what ever else you might have been thinking I was suggesting.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• hey guys if your thinking about the 2 warpdrive idea thing its not what the suggestor intended he wanted it to be like a starship from startrek goin into warp and then coming out of warp at a diffrent location (instead of a starship it would be a specified area that you choose to transport) so yeah.

I commented on that in my post.

The EU cost to do that is far beyond anything you can do.

Sure, he could suggest that if we had a Tier 5 energy storage... But we don't. Which is why I diverted to the more likely possible idea of a Builder Teleporter.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• I commented on that in my post.

Sure, he could suggest that if we had a Tier 5 energy storage... But we don't. Which is why I diverted to the more likely possible idea of a Builder Teleporter.

if this was practical the structures would not be massive castles, and distance would be for the whole structure not for every block, and it would not be able to take you to farlands without consuming some thing like 3 continents worth of uranium. also with a teleporter a full stack of items only cost 100 eu.

this would be a technological improvement of the teleporter by exploiting portal phenomenon the only thing the power is used for is holding everything together while in transit/flavor

• I guess keeping it simple makes it alot more interesting. Just make a block that teleports the block its facing (and maybe some options for range and shape?). If you make 'legobricks' like this ppl will create teleporting machines themselves and they will be alot more epic than some magical block that does it all for you. On top of that it would be usefull for both small teleporting (aka teleporting stuff to your house) and large teleporting (like whole buildings) without it being op (since it scales with the size and complexity).

• I guess keeping it simple makes it alot more interesting. Just make a block that teleports the block its facing (and maybe some options for range and shape?). If you make 'legobricks' like this ppl will create teleporting machines themselves and they will be alot more epic than some magical block that does it all for you. On top of that it would be usefull for both small teleporting (aka teleporting stuff to your house) and large teleporting (like whole buildings).

having my airship or spacecraft dissemble and reassemble its self at different docking stations while i stand out side and watch kind of ruins the illusion and that idea won't update my spawn point when i use it to move my base. the plan is simple
    1. special block
    2. feed lots of eu to special block
    3. disappear
    4. reappear some where else
    5. ????
    6. profit

• I commented on that in my post.

HOWEVER the world of minecraft is an infinte times smaller then the universe leta alone a glaxy so it would acctually cost less energy than a tier 5 energy source it would acctually cost maybe a ful mfsu because it takes a million mfsus full of power to run a starship on warp engines however starships go light years and minecraft isnt that big so yeah it would cost less than tier 5 energy.

• Like raa has said and i concur with him, the cost for teleport would be too exhorbitant, because either way the machine will need to count the number of blocks its going to "Teleport" before doing the actual teleport.

A block by block teleport seems more in line with what its possible with IC2 right now. (Its not that teleporting the whole structure its impossible, its that having enough amounts of EU to teleport it instantly its the problem)

Teleport Cost for futher reference

Do note that the cost per slot its per full stack, so if you want to teleport cobble the full stack its 64, if you want to transport eggs the full stack its 16 and if you want to teleport a Uranium Cell its full stack would be 1.

Since we are talking about placed blocks, the eu Used per block would range from 10 to 60 EU per. Add to that the multiplier per Distance...

And like that page says, "Maximum distance, worst case weight, 5 fully charged MFSU: ~51960 "

• Add in the cost of keeping the already teleported and the currently teleporting items from being put into the wrong spots, into random spots (allowing multiple blocks in one spot), or even all blocks in a single spot (thus, black hole), it would probably cost even more EU.

Again. It's not a bad idea, or suggestion.

But we don't have the EU capabilities for it.

This is ignoring all chunk-loading issues, as well.

• *sigh* Even though, Steve lives in a world were physics has been thrown out the window, and Steve has the ability to make a nuclear reactor with a crafting table and many other weird devices since hes a prodigy among many worlds. He still cant workout how to make warp technology that can warp structures short distances without using an unmeasurable amount of power *SIGH*.

• THESIS ON HOW MASS BLOCK TELEPORTATION WORKS (i better get some roleplay xp for this :) )
    Steves have long pondered the mysteries of the mine-iverse World holes, nether portals, floating dirt blocks, the end and all that is found there. Even in this modern age as many refuse to believe the existesnce of these things many more still ponder. Well now their ponderings have born fruit in the form of mass block teleportation!

The exact math behind it would make your head explode 73 times before you understood it (good thing we respawn right?) but the basics are that we figured out where the blocks go when a world hole temporarily appears, and then we stuck a portal to where we want them to go in the path blocks that disappeared as a result of the world hole and we succeeded! In making a really big mess we found that the portal phenomenon would not take all the blocks at once so we fed them through one at a time, and with nothing on the other side to put them back together... well you get the picture. so we went back to the drawing board and dusted off the old teleporter technology. a little known fact is teleporters store what they are teleporting for a few moments before sending it on (marketing says not to talk about it cause of some legal mumbojumbo) so what we did is created a world hole(or chunk error as some egg heads like to call it) and just before the blocks hit the portal they are de-materialized into the teleporter and then re-materialized on the other side the only power that is needed is for the materialization.

Yes we think it is clever to, yeah it does remind us of that one episode of stargate where mcay jumped between universes we loved that show to. one last thing we hit a snag adapting this technology to personal teleportation do you know what a patent is? cause I don't. anyways legal won't let us touch personal scale teleporting with a ten foot pole cause of this patent word-thing. so until I figure out this intellectual property mumbojumbo the smallest area of effect we can have is a 16x16x16 space.

• Look at it this way, if warp tech doesnt use a Crapload amount of energy to do the transporting, The eu rates of the teleporter should be tonned down A LOT.

Unlike you people im not talking out of my ass here, im using the already implemented teleporter to give you a estimation of how much energy it will require. (and those "tesis" of you and snoochy arent even tesis, more like a kid report of a book to expose in class >.>)/halfjoke

• Simply put:

1. If the house is small enough not to require a TON of EU, it's easier and cheaper to just break it down and go through the teleporter yourself and rebuild it on the other side.
    2. If the house is anything but small, you can't store enough energy to power it. Not without a storage unit that can hold TRILLIONS of EU.
    3. It may even be above trillions.
    4. The '(Laser?) Teleportation Builder' is more realistic (IC2 standards here). It would still use a lot of EU, but would use less as it's moving one block at a time and not an entire building. Furthermore, it wouldn't use all the energy at once, so you could actually give it the power it needs.

• Simply put:

1. If the house is small enough not to require a TON of EU, it's easier and cheaper to just break it down and go through the teleporter yourself and rebuild it on the other side.
    2. If the house is anything but small, you can't store enough energy to power it. Not without a storage unit that can hold TRILLIONS of EU.
    3. It may even be above trillions.
    4. The '(Laser?) Teleportation Builder' is more realistic (IC2 standards here). It would still use a lot of EU, but would use less as it's moving one block at a time and not an entire building. Furthermore, it wouldn't use all the energy at once, so you could actually give it the power it needs.

1. at end game many follow the rule of cool sure it maybe more efficient to build multiple macerators and distribute the work among them but its cooler to overclock the crap out of one of them.
    2.says who the warp drive can't be it own tier5 power storage how many scifi's have you seen where there is a charge up before going faster than light? like almost all of them!
    3.you can teleport a steve with a full inventory more than 20 blocks how big of a house can you build with a full inventory?
    4.see point 2

• The only reason why a stack of 64 Cobblestone consumes the same amount of energy as a Single Uranium Cell its because of lazyness.

Since the warp drive works with the actual placed blocks (2 of which that are basically the size of steve), lazyness isnt going to cut it in make the energy requirement a lot less than the regular teleporter, mostly because of a little something called balance.