Suggestion: Rock-it Launcher (cobblestone)

• i know Alblaka had ideas for a making a Building (lazer) Gun or Block launcher device. so here is my idea!.
    a Rock-It Launcher, it would use cobblestone from your inventory and 1,000 EU's per shot to place a cobblestone block up to 64 blocks away (possible to lower the firing range and energy cost with modes) the internal battery would hold 60,000 EUs, just enough to fire alittle under a stack of cobble, but would also draw energy from Packs your wearing. this would make building structures significantly easier, especially bridges and circular structures. for a circular structure you could raise yourself up on a support column and then fire from aboveo the draw and build onto your Circular structure like Towers and Parapets. you could also use this to safely build bridges without the fear of your Shift Key glitching and causing you to fall into lava. of now about a better idea at to how this could work using Modes.

have the Mode Selection select a box on your HotBar 1-9. the selection would be indicated by a bright Red Square around the item. (be careful not to launch your launcher, lol) this would allow building with multiple, if not all, types of items currently in the game. even placing torches at long ranges(no i'm not asking for a moving lightsource). maybe have this Rock-it Launcher fire a blue beam that when it makes contant with a block then it places the selected HotBar item against the face the lazer impacted. :)

so what do ya'll think?

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Can any block be propelled as falling Sand/Gravel?
    Better use mode key to select impulse to throw block from the first appropriate slot.
    Blocks should fall on parabola so you need to aim good.
    Also can it give reactive impulse?
    And no ray emitting.

• Official Post

Can any block be propelled as falling Sand/Gravel?
    Better use mode key to select impulse to throw block from the first appropriate slot.
    Blocks should fall on parabola so you need to aim good.
    Also can it give reactive impulse?
    And no ray emitting.

1: no
    2: why not item increase player block placing range
    3: can't launch blocks like gravel,sand
    4: ?
    5: agreed.

• 1: no

1. nope it cannot.
    2. that's what i was sayin :p
    3. they would have to code a seperate individual texture for each individual block and code it like an arrow or something. WAY to much effort.
    4. you mean like shooting a block and having it impcat into something or firing a redstone torch and having it activate a machine?
    5. the laser would be more of a "teleportaion beam" that would basically turn the block into energy and then fire it and turn it back into matter as soon as it hit a wall. it would simply be the indication and aiming tool to show exactly where it is landing. how else would you show the "in-flight" transportation method of an object?

the idea for the modes was either only load cobble (Rock-it Launcher) and adjust range with modes. or make it a universal "Block Launcher" and control the launched object with modes. which idea to use would be up to alblaka. would be nice to get his input and which he'd like to code asap so that we can decide which idea to run with.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• 1: no

1:I think while Sand fly, it is not a block, so ... Several types of blocks can learn to fly.
    2: Telekinesis. Magic.
    3: can't now. Impossible to make?
    4: Backfire.
    5: Thanks.

• 1:I think while Sand fly, it is not a block, so ... Several types of blocks can learn to fly.
    2: Telekinesis. Magic.
    3: can't now. Impossible to make?
    4: Backfire.
    5: Thanks.

1. the reason that is is because that sand is "falling" and they simply change the trajector, or sand and gravel this "could" be possible but it requires alot of coding, not sure if they'd have to modify base coding or not.
    2. this is IndustrialCraft not WitchCraft.
    3. correct.
    4. what do you mean backfire? like encase you in blocks? no, misfire a single block because you suck at aiming? yes.
    5. if not a laser how you would recommend coding the graphics of being able to shoot over 50 different types of blocks?

• 3. they would have to code a seperate individual texture for each individual block and code it like an arrow or something. WAY to much effort.

As far as I know Sand/Gravel falls on parabola if has horizontal velocity. Why not to teach other block to fly this way?

4. you mean like shooting a block and having it impcat into something or firing a redstone torch and having it activate a machine?

No. Throwing something forward throw you backward. Reactive movement.

5. the laser would be more of a "teleportaion beam" that would basically turn the block into energy and then fire it and turn it back into matter as soon as it hit a wall. it would simply be the indication and aiming tool to show exactly where it is landing. how else would you show the "in-flight" transportation method of an object?

So you want Anti-Mining_Laser.

the idea for the modes was either only load cobble (Rock-it Launcher) and adjust range with modes. or make it a universal "Block Launcher" and control the launched object with modes. which idea to use would be up to alblaka. would be nice to get his input and which he'd like to code asap so that we can decide which idea to run with.

Cobble can be substituted by special Sand/Grovel + glue block or CF block/pellet.
    Just what dev choose.

• because altering that code would cause all blocks to fall as sand and gravel does, welcome to not being able to construct stuff without using a shit ton of signs and torches like they are "nails"

no because then if you were actually trying to use it to build then you would have to re-align and fire again after every single shot. also it would knock you off your building columns and platforms that you are trying to shoot from, this could also be used to spam it and fly over gaps or even fly i suppose. this idea is to make our lives easier, not push us off ledges and be agrivating as hell.

and yes it would basically be the opposite of a mining laser which Alblaka has already approved the idea of but i don;t know if he has an actual concept to run with. these were 2 suggestion/recommendation ideas that he could use.

• Official Post

1: no

1: Falling Sand/Gravel is an entity so you have to add a new "propelledblock"-entity that can change to every Block you want to shoot.
    2: A special mode for variable Placementdistance.
    3: Yes it can, look a the old Pistonmod.
    4: Do you mean throwing the Player backwards after shooting?
    5: Irrelevant

• 1: Falling Sand/Gravel is an entity so you have to add a new "propelledblock"-entity that can change to every Block you want to shoot.
    2: A special mode for variable Placementdistance.
    3: Yes it can, look a the old Pistonmod.
    4: Do you mean throwing the Player backwards after shooting?
    5: Irrelevant

1:what he said.
    2: yup
    3. that requires alot of coding for each individual item as mentioned before and above.
    4 yeah that's what he ment, sounds REALLY damn aggrivating when trying to place 3-4 blocks a second when standing a single block wide "construction column"
    5. agreed. a blue laser would just be a hell of alot easier then recoding every possible type of firable block and creating PropelledBlock Entities for each one.