[Suggestion] advanced tool box/bronze multi-tool

• Make it repairable by bronze ingots only - no problems with different durability.
    You use only bronze tools: Pick, Axe, Shovel, Sword, Hoe, Wrench, Shears (seven) - add bronze? Tap and bronze ingot or block to be nine for recipe.
    Bronze tools not the best, so not overpowered. Also no mode changes for this tools - no interference.
    Can icon be changed in each mode to show selected tool? With the name remains "Bronze Multitool" for example.

• Make it repairable by bronze ingots only - no problems with different durability.
    You use only bronze tools: Pick, Axe, Shovel, Sword, Hoe, Wrench, Shears (seven) - add bronze? Tap and bronze ingot or block to be nine for recipe.
    Bronze tools not the best, so not overpowered. Also no mode changes for this tools - no interference.
    Can icon be changed in each mode to show selected tool? With the name remains "Bronze Multitool" for example.

the multi-tool as proposed would not have mode changing it would just always act at the speed and durability loss of the correct tool for the job. there are no bronze shears or bronze tree tap last i checked, everything else you said is plausible its up to the devs in the end.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• my idea basically when with only the lowest or basica function of energy tools would be use, such as drill, chainsaw, electric treetap, electric wrench, mining laser (mining mode), changable by modes for Digging (chainsaw included), Tapping, Wrench, or Laser modes. that way you wouldn;t always be accidently using your wrench on your machines when trying to interact with them and hopefully not be shooting off lasers in your house when trying to remove endermen's dirt blocks. this would also make "repair" logical and easily integratable.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• my idea is just as logical and easy to integrate and isn't OP to boot and repair can be simple (as sebra puts it just add metal) vs. running back to your batbox to charge

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• my idea is just as logical and easy to integrate and isn't OP to boot and repair can be simple (as sebra puts it just add metal) vs. running back to your batbox to charge

youd still logically need a crafting box to repair it. there is a reason there is a saw and hammer hanigng on the side of crafting boxes, you can't take a block of iron and duct tape it to a stick and chop down a tree with it. also you'd be burning through ALOT of metal, and what kind of metal would you use? would this be a bronze only device? in when case you'd need bronze to repair it. in which case you'd need to carry a stack on you at all times or go to your base to use your macerator. also you could use batteries to charge my idea. and what would happen when you go to use your treetap or wrench? since it doesn;t have modes, what's to keep your tool from chopping down the rubber trunk instead of tapping it? and how would you enable/disable the wrench when you go to use your machines?

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Name: advanced tool box ... to use a tool just set the toolbox to the appropriate mode.EDIT: like changing modes on a mining laser

EDIT: alternative suggestion for those concerned with balance
    Name: bronze multi-tool ... this will all ways act as if the right tool for the job is out.

So you suggest two variants to use.
    If changing mode as mining laser choosed, I want this tool to change icon according to mode selected.
    If always as the best tool, you should to formulate better. Is it possible to determine best use from the programming view without premaid list? I mean to use shovel on Humus or other Forestry shovelable blocks, pick on any gems any mod add, sword on any mob except sheerable like sheep...
    I think bronze sheers and taps can be easily added if Devs want.

• So you suggest two variants to use.
    If changing mode as mining laser choosed, I want this tool to change icon according to mode selected.
    If always as the best tool, you should to formulate better. Is it possible to determine best use from the programming view without premaid list? I mean to use shovel on Humus or other Forestry shovelable blocks, pick on any gems any mod add, sword on any mob except sheerable like sheep...
    I think bronze sheers and taps can be easily added if Devs want.

bronze shears? is there such a thing? i thought that's what the chainsaw was for. also designating an item as Dirt, Stone, ect.. should really matter, it should work just fine as long as forestry coded their blocks correctly.

• if its just topped up with metal it won't need a crafting table if steve can make nuclear reactors with just a hammer and saw then he could repair bronze tools with his bare hands(or he could be using the very tool he is repairing).

and just to make sure we don't lose track the basic idea was(boiled down even more)
    [some bronze tools]+[plus undetermined item]=[a tool that can efficiently fill the role of multiple tools]

• if its just topped up with metal it won't need a crafting table if steve can make nuclear reactors with just a hammer and saw then he could repair bronze tools with his bare hands(or he could be using the very tool he is repairing).

and just to make sure we don't lose track the basic idea was(boiled down even more)
    [some bronze tools]+[plus undetermined item]=[a tool that can efficiently fill the role of multiple tools]

or we could add an Iridium Bayonet to the Mining laser so that is can sheer sheep and stap into Resin Holes. then you got everything your looking for in a machine.

it would clear all blocks evenly, stone, dirt, cobble, trees, ect. (low focus), it could tap into trees, sheer sheer and mooshrroms, can be used as a weapon when nothing else is there. is rechargable/repairable. ect...

• or we could add an Iridium Bayonet to the Mining laser so that is can sheer sheep and stap into Resin Holes. then you got everything your looking for in a machine.

it would clear all blocks evenly, stone, dirt, cobble, trees, ect. (low focus), it could tap into trees, sheer sheer and mooshrroms, can be used as a weapon when nothing else is there. is rechargable/repairable. ect...

thats the same frigg'n idea I've been pitching THIS WHOLE TIME. you just hot glued a bunch of details on top made it potentially OP end game item and started your own thread about

• [quote='passinglurker',index.php?page=Thread&postID=50396#post50396]it's also alot easier to code, operate, and maintain. and when have sheering a sheep or tapping rubber been anything creating an Overpowering element? even with the Electric treetap you can tap out like 8 stacks of resin per charge. it's just aggrivating having to carry it around or not having it when you need it.

• it's also alot easier to code, operate, and maintain. and when have sheering a sheep or tapping rubber been anything creating an Overpowering element? even with the Electric treetap you can tap out like 8 stacks of resin per charge. it's just aggrivating having to carry it around or not having it when you need it.

your idea copies the advanced tool box a end game do it all tool that every one said was about as OP as all in one armor so I made a new balanced one that can do it all better than fists but not as good as dedicated powertools neither of us are coders you don't know any better than me whos idea is easier to implement and the devs are under no obligation to implement them as we say so STOP USEING THE @! :cursing: $#@ :cursing: ^! "mine is easier to code" ARGUEMENT! and besides the whole issue is moot cause someone is paying alblake to make a swiss army knife mod http://www.minecraftforum.net/…ew__findpost__p__13948861 I'm just pissed cause you hate the idea till you find a way for you to be the one who came up with it :evil:

• lol, dude, i could care less whose idea it was, if it gets added then i'm happy. and an All in one armor is OP because alblaka wants people to try an prioritize their equipment, "i either fly, mine for alot longer or can't die" this makes it so you basically have to temporarily choose your role. Miner, Builder, or Fighter. tools are just... there. and i never "Hate" any idea, even if i think it's absolute crap, if someone else wants it in the game but i hate it, i will still try to balance it out and help them get it in the game, i just wouldn't use it. also i know a significant amount about coding and how hard it is to code something because like 6 or my 8 friends are complete nerds that work for either IT support, Host-Gator, Webdesign or C++/Java coding. i just personally don;t know how to code it but i have a very good idea as into how much effort it takes. so you just need to relax and please stop with the super quotes when it's only me and you talking back and forth. Quotes are typically for when you are responding to a post that is like 2-5 posts behind and no one would know what the hell your talking about, not the post directly above yours.

• ok thanks for letting me vent i think i've calmed down now

• ok thanks for letting me vent i think i've calmed down now

good to know your back to normal, i haven't had the best day either. come to find out thursday is my last day at my $37USD job and i'll be jobless. so sometimes life just sucks man but you got to just keep smiling cause panicing will get you no where. so on a brighter note....:) *hands you a random hot woman to hug for comforts* now that you've calmed down. it greatly pleases me to know that someone is getting alblaka to impliment this basic idea. i hope to see it in one of the soon upcoming patches. hopefully this will make IC2 and even more epic Mod! HAYO!! :thumbup:

• good to know your back to normal, i haven't had the best day either. come to find out thursday is my last day at my $37USD job and i'll be jobless. so sometimes life just sucks man but you got to just keep smiling cause panicing will get you no where. so on a brighter note....:) *hands you a random hot woman to hug for comforts* now that you've calmed down. it greatly pleases me to know that someone is getting alblaka to impliment this basic idea. i hope to see it in one of the soon upcoming patches. hopefully this will make IC2 and even more epic Mod! HAYO!! :thumbup:

well it will either be an addon or a separate mod according to the terms of alblakas mod shop he will not be paid to change ic2

also i feel for ya man about the job thing i lost by job just before i moved up to idaho for college (steel building construction, job site had to go back to the drawing board with no new work till january and i would be gone by then so i got let go)