Suggestion: indicator for redstone behaviour of EU storage blocks

• EU storage blocks have lots of different options for redstone behaviour. Unfortunately, there's no way to tell what behaviour is active just by opening an EU storage block's GUI. The only way to discover this is to click the button, which changes the behaviour, and cycle through the available behaviours to see which one was originally selected. Needless to say, this may be a really bad idea if there's a redstone wire attached to the block! RedPower solves this problem with its mode-selection icons by having a different icon for each mode; it would be great if IC² did the same.

• i agree, this could be usefull when trying to to accidently fry all the machines in someone's house just to check what the redstone signal is set to and accidently invert a transformer.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

i agree, this could be usefull when trying to to accidently fry all the machines in someone's house just to check what the redstone signal is set to and accidently invert a transformer.

how do do fry things by invert a transformer?!?!? If the Base is properly designed then that is impossible. But watch out if you are using the Chargingbench MK II or III, then you will have problems with every Redstonesignal touching it and unfortunately BOOM!

• how do do fry things by invert a transformer?!?!? If the Base is properly designed then that is impossible. But watch out if you are using the Chargingbench MK II or III, then you will have problems with every Redstonesignal touching it and unfortunately BOOM!

if you have a transformer directly up against your battery when trying to save some space in tight rooms, then when you toggle the signal behavior it applies redstone current to the transformer that is connected to it and inverts it, causing your transformer to apply the higher voltage to everything attached. that's why i have an Off-Button for my house and i use 3 transformer upgrades in everything. so i have nothing to worry about anymore and i can overclock everything to my hearts content :D

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

if you have a transformer directly up against your battery when trying to save some space in tight rooms, then when you toggle the signal behavior it applies redstone current to the transformer that is connected to it and inverts it, causing your transformer to apply the higher voltage to everything attached.

ehhh that's completely impossible, because the 3-Dot-Outputside is facing the Storageblock you describing and Outputside + Outputside = No connection

• ehhh that's completely impossible, because the 3-Dot-Outputside is facing the Storageblock you describing and Outputside + Outputside = No connection

i thought it caused the 3 dot face to start accepting the lower voltage and the single dots to start outputing the higher voltage. if it is how you say,.. i wonder how my house evaporated those 2 times long ago.