[Suggestion] cheap/renewable CF alternative

• Name: curable resin

Description:the boiled down idea
    [sticky resin]-in->[barrel]+[time]=curable resin
    it can then be placed or loaded in a sprayer like CF but has a blast resistance of 30 good for quick cheap buildings.

other uses could be
    1.[curable resin]+[wool]=flameproof wool
    2.[curable resin]+[reeds]=a material steve perceives as wooden planks do to its similar strength, malleability, and inability to turn into charcoal
    3.[lots of curable resin]+[log]+[compressor]=resin infused wood looks like normal logs but is fireproof and more blast resistant

-Hayo!

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• its meant for early game hence why it has the blast resistance of cobble

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• we are talking about FIRE RESISTANCE wood wich sounds crazy :D btw ic2 should add something to nether. I dont know why, but i want to have nice hellish house on nether ceiling above lava and want to hang out in it with reason. Crops or something.

• the resin infused wood would be mid game cause it needs a compressor every thing else can be done early game. and slabs are fire proof so its not crazy

• the resin infused wood would be mid game cause it needs a compressor every thing else can be done early game. and slabs are fire proof so its not crazy

oh. I totaly forgot. So we dont even need fireproof wood in that case :D and slabs recipe got fixed to make them 1:1 because 3wood gives 6slabs :)

• 1. CF its already cheap.
    2. If you want to add a new cf block with different blast resistances and properties, its quite likely that they need to add another block id.

1.good point so replace cheap with renewable
    2.by the time devs would get around to adding it the number of block id's won't be a problem
    also alternative idea just have resin sprayed over scaffolds equal some thing steve perceives as planks so as to use a new block id

• Quite honestly the only diference between the two is that you can farm resin nearby, while you have to walk a little more to find the coal/redstone/clay for the other.

Protip: EVERYTHING in minecraft is renewable, just walk a few chunks away and there you go, more shit thats supposed to be "No renewable".

• Quite honestly the only diference between the two is that you can farm resin nearby, while you have to walk a little more to find the coal/redstone/clay for the other.

Protip: EVERYTHING in minecraft is renewable, just walk a few chunks away and there you go, more shit thats supposed to be "No renewable".

Indeed. Best is to have quantum helmet and go scooba diving in ocean :D ocean=best source of clay and its deep and not hard to get deep underground. :)

i could use the skyblock and superflat arguments again but your probably getting sick of those

• superflat is also used for challenges but its impossible to industrialize many of my suggestions center around attempts at preserving the challenge why still making industrialization possible

• i dont know what your talking about, but you guys should try or at least watch direwolf20 playing Feed The Beast ;D

i've been following that but the beast gives you items that are not in superflat or vanilla skyblock

• It would be nice to have the resin wood just so we can have floors be the same color and style as our staircases and half blocks. These new wood colors are playing havoc with my designs, because the staircases/half-steps only come in one color.

Also just FYI, resin-infused wood burns much hotter and more violently than standard wood. Now, chemically treated wood could potentially have reduced flammability, depending on the treatment. Maybe the resin would just have some natural chemical in it that makes the wood less inflammable?

I don't really agree with the CF-spray being that expensive... early-mid game you are getting your macerator/furnace/extractor/compressor so its about that time you expand your base or build a larger one, so CFspray fits right into that time frame. Having an even more primitive version that you could make your first house out of would be a neat way to increase your building options, though. Imo it definitely should not have any sort of blast resistance advantage over cobble, because you are using the spray for convenience and barely paying anything for it, at that.

I'd like to see some sort of resin infused sawdust that you can spray on your floor and make a tidy, uniform floor that can be painted. It wouldn't fill an entire block, just the top surface of your floor (similar to how you paint the CFwall).

• It would be nice to have the resin wood just so we can have floors be the same color and style as our staircases and half blocks. These new wood colors are playing havoc with my designs, because the staircases/half-steps only come in one color.

so you want the spray-able wood planks part of the suggestion?

Also just FYI, resin-infused wood burns much hotter and more violently than standard wood. Now, chemically treated wood could potentially have reduced flammability, depending on the treatment. Maybe the resin would just have some natural chemical in it that makes the wood less inflammable?

that was sort of a hand wave just like making curable resin in a barrel

I don't really agree with the CF-spray being that expensive... early-mid game you are getting your macerator/furnace/extractor/compressor so its about that time you expand your base or build a larger one, so CFspray fits right into that time frame. Having an even more primitive version that you could make your first house out of would be a neat way to increase your building options, though. Imo it definitely should not have any sort of blast resistance advantage over cobble, because you are using the spray for convenience and barely paying anything for it, at that.

ok then just call it a plain alternative to CF. as for blast resistance the idea was more along the lines of equal with either cobble or wood depending on popular consensus.

I'd like to see some sort of resin infused sawdust that you can spray on your floor and make a tidy, uniform floor that can be painted. It wouldn't fill an entire block, just the top surface of your floor (similar to how you paint the CFwall).

like how sticky resin can be placed as a 1/4 block that slows movement but comes in a variety of colors and isn't sticky? i think they call that linoleum