why did a bunch of threads get moved to the archives?

• just as the title says a bunch of threads that were on the first page of the suggestion forum when i went to sleep are now in the archives and I'm curious as to why that is

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Official Post

just as the title says a bunch of threads that were on the first page of the suggestion forum when i went to sleep are now in the archives and I'm curious as to why that is

There are approximately 20 new suggestions on a daily basis, most of which are repeats of old suggestions/ one liners that aren't fleshed out at all. An additional requirement to posts was added about a week ago (There was at minimum 24 hours notice before it took effect), and only 2 people have been able to follow it. Al has chimed in on a few threads, giving them the green light if they expand on their idea, which failed the newly added requirement (But hey, it's Al's and the IC team's project, not going to step on their toes).

• oh! i get it thats really clever ( i just reread the http://forum.industrial-craft.…?page=Thread&threadID=221) so what do i do about the threads i posted with out this vital bit of knowledge? do i repost them? can i get them moved back temporarily to be edited? or do i just have to let the ideas rot as a reminder to read the rules more regularly?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Official Post

Damn, i thought (because i read it several times) the Compendium is outdated (AND IT STILL LOOKS LIKE) and because of that, i don't saw the new Requirement for Suggestions.

A small question: Did Alblaka read the Maintopic of these Suggestions, before archiving it, or was that another Dev, because i want to know if the Mininglasermodes are even recognised by him.

• like what gregoriousT said i thought you were inactive so i didn't check that thread after reading it for the 3 third time.
    @gregoriousT its entirely possible that the archive system is automated i say if we don't here back in 3 days we just repost the topics and cross our fingers

• Official Post

like what gregoriousT said i thought you were inactive so i didn't check that thread after reading it for the 3 third time.
    @gregoriousT its entirely possible that the archive system is automated i say if we don't here back in 3 days we just repost the topics and cross our fingers

I don't think its automated, because Adien said the exact amount of Posts, which were able to fullfill the Requirement, so the devs definetly talked about these Threads. Oh and even a "You need 25 Posts for creating a Thread"-automation is FAILED, so why should be that automated?

• An additional requirement to posts was added about a week ago (There was at minimum 24 hours notice before it took effect), and only 2 people have been able to follow it.

Sorry, but the way this was implemented was crap. The fact that notification was edited into a post from September, 2011 with no indication that anything had changed.

...a lame rule is created to let the moderators off the hook for not moderating.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

• well since your back to implement this new rule you can update the rejected idea thread :D also after thinking about i have decided that i'm going to go forward with reposting by accidentally rule infringing threads in less than 3 days if i don't here back about recovering them(or the lack there of) everyone who has an issue with that has till like Saturday to tell me not to

• Official Post

oh! i get it thats really clever ( i just reread the http://forum.industrial-craft.…?page=Thread&threadID=221) so what do i do about the threads i posted with out this vital bit of knowledge? do i repost them? can i get them moved back temporarily to be edited? or do i just have to let the ideas rot as a reminder to read the rules more regularly?

I undid all changes from the past week.

Damn, i thought (because i read it several times) the Compendium is outdated (AND IT STILL LOOKS LIKE) and because of that, i don't saw the new Requirement for Suggestions.
    A small question: Did Alblaka read the Maintopic of these Suggestions, before archiving it, or was that another Dev, because i want to know if the Mininglasermodes are even recognised by him.

Yes, the compendium is outdated. I have not had time to sit down and update it.

Sorry, but the way this was implemented was crap. The fact that notification was edited into a post from September, 2011 with no indication that anything had changed.

...a lame rule is created to let the moderators off the hook for not moderating.

Agreed. It was a poor choice of how I implemented said change. The Compendium was a "Hobby Project" that I took upon myself when the forums were launched, to try to help Al out. I do this in my free time, which I have almost none due to my current work schedule.

well since your back to implement this new rule you can update the rejected idea thread :D also after thinking about i have decided that i'm going to go forward with reposting by accidentally rule infringing threads in less than 3 days if i don't here back about recovering them(or the lack there of) everyone who has an issue with that has till like Saturday to tell me not to

As stated above, I've reverted all changes in the past week (including the rule, since it was a poor judgement call on my part). From now on, I'll just go by the current "Stagnant" rule (15 days of no active posts).

Again, I apologize for the issues that I have caused.

• i still think it was a good idea i just needed a more visible heads up

• my "wired teleporter" idea is still in the archives is there a reason why?

• Official Post

The Rule itself was good, just how you've shown it was bad. I've made my Thread more hayoish just in case.

Why you've not simply added a Post to the Compendium to show that theres something new?

Edit: Would it count if i add the HAYO! to my signature? :D

• Yes, the compendium is outdated. I have not had time to sit down and update it.

The Compendium was a "Hobby Project" that I took upon myself when the forums were launched, to try to help Al out. I do this in my free time, which I have almost none due to my current work schedule.

I don't think anyone could find you at fault for not having the time to do something I'm sure you wish you had more time to do. The Compendium itself is a great idea, and a well executed one at that.

Again, I apologize for the issues that I have caused.

Minor. And at least you tried. As I say to people concerning the viability of real life alternative energy solutions... you can't blame the concept for failures in implementation.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.