Suggestion: MFE output modification [Not Approved]

• One thing I have found that can be challenging (depending on available space and layout) is the top/bottom output from an MFE. My suggestion is this;

By default, an MFE would have the same output logic it currently uses (top or bottom) but right clicking on any of the exposed faces of the MFE would change that face to the output block and would be identified in a similar way the HV identifies it's high/standard voltage output. I realise this may present issues where an MFE has cables attached to all six faces (ie which one is the output?) but this could be dealt with again in a similar fashion to the HV transformer where the output cable (first block only) has the red sparkle animation.

Right clicking a 'set' output face would return the MFE to it's default state.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt

• That would only apply if all six faces were occupied. Under those circumstances, you couldn't open it.

I guess that would be the trade off for the benefit of using all faces at once on that particular MFE...

Good point though.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt

• but it should be that every side gets full 64 eu/s output otherwise it will be nearly pointless

i have thougt an other idea the:
    a new block crafted with 1 mfe and 1 switch cable it has an GUI with 6 slots for up, down, North, south, west, east
    and if you put a block in one slot it will output there (with full 64eu/s)
    and it can hold up 30000-60000 eu

Change the scheme, alter the mood. Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

[b][i][u][url=' [url='http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7745']HAYO CORP: Nuclear Power (FREE: Reactor Blueprints)

• but it should be that every side gets full 64 eu/s output otherwise it will be nearly pointless

i have thougt an other idea the:
    a new block crafted with 1 mfe and 1 switch cable it has an GUI with 6 slots for up, down, North, south, west, east
    and if you put a block in one slot it will output there (with full 64eu/s)
    and it can hold up 30000-60000 eu

That's a good idea but it requires a lot more effort to code a new item than modify an existing one. We also have a finite number of entity id's to work with so the more id's Alblaka adds increases the chance of IC not working with other mods. Keeping suggestions small/easy to implement also increases the chance it will be implemented as Alblaka is doing IC and MeC in his spare time!

Having said that, I would think that right clicking an MFE with an EC Manipulator in hand would still have the desired effect of changing the output voltage irrespective of which face was the output at the time. Having any other device in hand (excluding a wrench) would change the output face, right clicking a face twice would reset the MFE back to it's default behaviour.

I wouldn't reduce the MFE to less than 60K EU as this would make it useless for recharging Bat-Packs (lets face it, who carries arround a bunch of batteries to recharge the drill?)

• Official Post

Wiring is meant to be challenging.
    Just like redstone.

I've designed the system in relation to latter one, on the principe "You get basic elements, but can create ANYTHING from it".

Sidenote: MFE's, etc, do NOT use Entity IDs... arrows or TNTs do, static blocks don't. Unless you're talking about GUI id's, in which case i could use the normal MFE one.