[1.8.1] Miner retracting

• The Wiki states that you could insert blocks like cobble into the "pipe slot" of the miner to let him retract and fill up the tunnel. My problem is I can only put Pipes in there...
    Miner working all normal and stuff but he wont let me put some "filling stuff" in the pipe slot so i allways have those nice little holes in my landscape ... (perfect for creeper griefing tho..)

testen with clean MC 1.2.3 jar and only
    ModLoader 1.2.3
    ModLoaderMP 1.2.3 v3
    minecraftforge 1.4.1.59
    IC2 1.81
    and TMI 1.2.3

• Official Post

So its just bad luck and i have to fill up the hole by hand if i want to geht rid of it?

RichardG has implemented a new restriction to the GUI-Slots for not allowing any Stuff thats not used for the item (Batterieslot only allows Batteries, Upgradeslots only allowing Upgrades and so on). I guess that this happened also to the Miner. And the Miner not fills the complete hole, only the 1x1-hole where the Miningpipe was, so just put a Cobble in, to prevent falling into it.

• Im well aware of how its supposed to work still it would be convenient so i have to dig unter the miner and "plug the hole" kind of annoying xD

• Official Post

Im well aware of how its supposed to work still it would be convenient so i have to dig unter the miner and "plug the hole" kind of annoying xD

Why digging under Miner? I'm just standing in sneakmode next to it and dismantle it via Wrench...

... And then i plug the Hole with Cobble to see if i already mined there (and of course to not fall in).

• lol, yep. happens to me to. Got sick of digging my way down the hole to pick up my miner. became better at plugging the hole before removing.. most of the time.

This should be fixed in 1.90, unless it got left out. But it was said to have been fixed.

I haven't played in 1.90 enough to test it out, just played with brewing a bit before I rolled back to 1.2.3 until i can get all the mods I use on the same version of MC.