Power setup not sending power.

• Hello Industrialcraft 2 community!

Just found these forums as I was looking for an answer to my problem, and would like help in figuring out why this setup isn't working. VVV

I have the MFE hooked up to 5 solar panels on my roof for power, so it has enough, 1 HV cable leading to a LV transformer, and copper cables leading to my machines.
    I'm getting very annoyed at how I'm constantly refilling batteries to power my simple machines, so I keep trying to setup wiring to send power directly from my MFE to the machines. After lots of frustration, And blowing up my Extractor once, I still cant find why this isn't working. I'm almost sure it's a very simple fix, yet I can't spot it. Could someone else point it out, please?

EDIT: Also, even with the redstone output right next to it, there is absolutely no power being drained from the MFE, it's not even flowing to the machines for some reason...

• Newbie moment :wacko:

Just found out that, after removing the torch, and turning the MFE output to my wires, I'm now outputting to all my machines.

Anywho, on another subject, Anyone have good suggestions for designs of an underground base?

I was thinking of using a quarry machine from BC to hollow out an area, then cover and build in it, but I don't have much else than that. Any suggestions for a base idea(preferably underground) would be nice, since I'm getting bored of just the routine 'Move miner, feed power, run miner, take items, remove power source, repeat'

Also, just in case, can a miner accept input from a lapotron crystal?